Opening VM strop unraid since installing LSI HBA card.

Ben9
Go to solution Solved by itimpi,

Hi! I just started my unraid journey 3 months ago to give a new purpose to my gaming pc and I love it so far! 

Basically I install this week an LSI HBA card for the first time to be able to add more sata port on my server.

It is the 9207-8i 6Gbps HBA LSI FW:P20 IT Mode. 

My array is working well with drives connected to it. The issue now is when I start my Windows 11 VM, the unraid GUI is no longer accessible and when I go check my PC, I see no lights at the lan port but the computer is still running. I have to shutdown my PC manually. 

I did try a few time to remove and add back the card to see. The VM work fine when HBA card not connected. 

I did try creating a new VM without a GPU passthrough and it seems to work fine with the HBA card connected. 

My specs: 

i7 10700k

RTX 3070

48gb ram

PSU P750GM

and more drives 

For my VM, I passthrough my nvme that has my windows installation, my GPU, one sata ssd and have pin my last 4 CPU cores to it.

I am new to this but I was thinking maybe it is related with my GPU passthrough on the VM or related to PCIe?

I was wondering could it by cause by to much power usage when starting the VM? I never had issue in the past with the PSU and the computer does not seem to stop. Only the light on my lan motherboard stop. 

Did you have similar experience?

Thanks,

Ben

Edited by Ben9
  • Ben9 changed the title to Opening VM strop unraid since installing LSI HBA card.