Fresh start but not my files

Hello,

I recently changed the hardware on my UnRaid server and getting odd messages when it starts. Nothing that seems to impede on server performance but it is still annoying (ie network bindings, CPU is unsupported Ryzen 2700X ??)... things of this nature.

I do not mind rebuilding apps, settings, dockers, etc by hand, but I do want to keep my drive settings and files that I have.   

Would the best approach be to recreate a new USB,

Copy my drive.cfg file and super.dat to the USB or coping the drive.cfg is sufficient to retain files?

Thank you.

Thanks, upgraded to Version: 6.11.0-rc3 and it did remove the error message for the CPU.  Now if I can find the damn ETH error messages and where it is coming from would be nice.

Back to my original message however, All I need is to recreate a USB, I do not need the drive.cfg file?  This will permit me to recover all my files? 

There is no drive.cfg.

All you need to get all of your configuration back on a new install is the config folder from your flash backup.

All you need to get only your license and disk assignments on a new install, is the license .key file and super.dat from the config folder on your flash backup.

Don't know why you want to do this though. Unraid is always a fresh install each time you boot.

The Unraid version you have installed is never modified in any way. Unraid unpacks that version fresh from the archives on flash, into RAM, at each boot, and the OS runs completely in RAM. Any settings you have made in the webUI are also stored on flash, and those are reapplied at boot.

So if there is anything that needs to be changed to fix a problem, you can make those changes in the webUI. If you have a problem that can't be fixed in that way, a new install isn't going to fix it either.

17 hours ago, trurl said:

probably not a solution to your issues

Yeah, it is the changes I did in the ui and probably tinkered in the config files somewhere, which is why I am getting invalid ethernet configs!

Thanks for the information. I have copied the key and super.dat on the new usb.   Will send request to reregister with new USB (2nd time this year, last time USB died on me)