Do you Update Docker Container only via. Update?

Hi together,

I always updated my docker via. Unraid update function. Now I also started to check the docker via. Shell / CLI with apt update / apt upgrade.

There have been always some packages open to be updated... f.ex. Nginx Proxy Manager Official Image.

Do you guys do this aswell?

I somehow feel unsafe if I dont update via CLI.

I guess images like linuxserver ones dont have the problem because of dependbot...

Kind Regards

Edited by Hackintosys

One very notable exception is the LSIO Nextcloud container, it only updates the support packages, never the Nextcloud app itself, which can lead to some serious issues if you don't keep up with the app updates, where the app will no longer start properly after the environment is updated too far.

There are other issues with that container, I now recommend using the official NC container, even though there is no support for it here on the forum.

Yeah, and the template for the official image is a whole mess too, with unnecessary mounts within each other, no port choice and CA complaining of errors...

I just made myself an image yesterday based on the official one but with ffmpeg added for video thumbnails and processing, was contemplating making a new template / support thread for it...

Edited by Kilrah
13 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

I just made myself an image yesterday based on the official one but with ffmpeg added for video thumbnails and processing, was contemplating making a new template / support thread for it...

If you can deal with the support requests for the app itself showing up in your thread, go for it. People continually want support for the app vs. the Unraid implementation, which causes many to abandon the effort. A properly implemented NC container that talks to an external database and runs the internal Collabora server without issues would be great! Even better if you can help migrate people's existing LSIO containers!

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, knex666 said:

@Kilrah I invite you to commit to the template I build up. Yes there are issues to Deal with like file permission etc. but building it for your own will not help an one else.

My nextcloud-ffpmeg container and template plus cronjob trigger have been in CA for about a month now

Edited by Kilrah