Unable to boot from mem stick

Good day

I will get straight to the point, please let me know if my answer was already posted somewhere as I do not want to ask redundant questions.

I am trying to install Unraid on a media server I am building but am unable to boot from the mem stick. Here is what I did to try fixing the issue:

- I got a 32gb stick (make Kingston Data Traveler), used the latest unraid media creation tool, no errors. Ran the .bat as admin at each attempt but still won't boot.

- Formatted mem stick as Fat instead of Fat32; same result

- Updated MSI BIOS; same result

- Disconnected most HDDs to have less than 12 (removed PCIE sata controllers); same result

- Manually downloaded the latest version of UNRAID and ran .bat as admin; same result

- Tried same mem stick with TrueNas; works fine, boots and installs great ... but TrueNas does not accept HDDs with different size/speed/etc

- Mem stick did not have U3 software

- Unraid USB creation tool prompt shows -ma option by default

- Renamed EFI- folder to EFI; same result

- Safely removed mem stick every time

- Onboard GPU is used, no additional GPU

- Motherboard is recent (B560), improbable older models issue

- BIOS is of course set to boot from USB first

- There are no BIOS options to manually set USB as removable drive vs HDD in BIOS but it shows detected as USB, not HDD

- I do not need VM capabilities so no need for BIOS VM options

- BIOS is set to AHCI, not RAID

Install process does not seem to hang at any point as it does not seem to initiate at all, falling back to secondary boot option.

I am using:

- MSI B560 motherboard

- 32GB ram (2x16@2666)

- 2x M.2 (2x512)

- 2x SSD (2x500)

- 18x HDD (mix of 10-16Tb)

BIOS: 

AMI BIOS

Version 7D15v26

Release Date 2022-06-01

Any ideas?

Thanks

Edited by Fisher

Hello again

I tried numerous things since the last post and am still stuck, unable to boot Unraid from the mem stick.

I was able to load and install other "nas" software such as TrueNas Core, XigmaNAS and OpenMediaVault on the same memory stick as I am trying to load Unraid on. I don't get an error message, a prompt or anything, just goes straight to BIOS. Is there some sort of trick to get the mem stick to boot? The manual install didn't fix the problem and yes I ran the batch file as admin. I am running out of ideas here. I don't mind changing some hardware (ie incompatible cpu or motherboard) if it is the case, I just won't buy new stuff blindly not knowing where the problem comes from in the first place.

Motherboard: MAG B560 Torpedo (MS-7D15)

CPU: Intel Core i5-10500 @ 3.10GHz

32GB Ram

I bought a license for Unraid and really want it to work, ideas anyone?