USB PCIe controller passthrough with ACS - Both enabled.

No matter what settings and port combination I try. I CANNOT get this USB Controller to passthrough. To my understanding when it is grayed-out like this Unraid is using it. I removed all my VMs and have nothing else running in Unraid but no matter what the controller is grayed-out. MSI B550-Creator Motherboard with VM ACS set to Both. I have been trying to get a decent gaming VM to work for months. When passing just the devices there is a huge FPS drop and I just cannot figure out why I cannot pass the USB controller through. I am close to just using Windows again but there are so many limitations.

image.thumb.png.7c8981d825ea63840dd85124854d7de6.png

Edited by ItsRaining
9 minutes ago, ItsRaining said:

No matter what settings and port combination I try. I CANNOT get this USB Controller to passthrough. To my understanding when it is grayed-out like this Unraid is using it. I removed all my VMs and have nothing else running in Unraid but no matter what the controller is grayed-out. MSI B550-Creator Motherboard with VM ACS set to Both. I have been trying to get a decent gaming VM to work for months. When passing just the devices there is a huge FPS drop and I just cannot figure out why I cannot pass the USB controller through. I am close to just using Windows again but there are so many limitations.

image.thumb.png.7c8981d825ea63840dd85124854d7de6.png

are you looking ay 09.00.03 to passthru? is the Sandisk the umraid boot device. That is likely why it not available!

41 minutes ago, ItsRaining said:

Thank you for the reply. I am not trying to passthrough the Unraid USB group. I want to passthrough the USB controller I have (its a PCIe controller not part of the mobo). Its in group 18 (04:00.0).

Have you tiried unplugging the usb ethernet to see if that allows it to be stubbed. it may be unraid has take the nic. Not looked at you diags yet.

8 minutes ago, SimonF said:

Have you tiried unplugging the usb ethernet to see if that allows it to be stubbed. it may be unraid has take the nic. Not looked at you diags yet.

You are the man! I cannot believe this was the issue. So the ethernet is part of a Kensington Dock. Is there a way I can force Unraid to unbind it or something similar to allow the dock to be passed through?

2 minutes ago, ItsRaining said:

You are the man! I cannot believe this was the issue. So the ethernet is part of a Kensington Dock. Is there a way I can force Unraid to unbind it or something similar to allow the dock to be passed through?

if you bind the card to vfio and reboot unraid will not use and any devices will not be seen so you can passthru to a vm and the dock will only be seen by the vm.

• 2 weeks later...