[Support] kilrah/nextcloud-ffmpeg

I'm having a permission problem. In the logs of nextcloud-cronjob I get this feedback

Cannot write into "config" directory!
This can usually be fixed by giving the web server write access to the config directory.

But, if you prefer to keep config.php file read only, set the option "config_is_read_only" to true in it.
See https://docs.nextcloud.com/server/25/go.php?to=admin-config

Can someone guide me here ?

• Upvote 1

Issue 2:  Picture files are very slow to load up, any way to speed that up?

If you're talking of generating the previews not really, if they're large images that's a lot of processing. There's a "preview generator" app in nextcloud apps that you can use to pre-generate them, might help.

----

I installed the preview generator and it says that I have to add this to a cron job "php /var/www/nextcloud/occ preview:pre-generate"  can i add this to the cron job docker that I downloaded for Nextcloud itself and if so do you know how I might be able to do that?  Sorry I am new to all of this. 

2 hours ago, Kilrah said:

ffmpeg on debian not being built with nvenc support either.

I didnt know that, but now that I think about it Debian is one of the 100% Foss distros so that makes sense.

2 hours ago, Kilrah said:

Looks like what you were answered in  https://github.com/nextcloud/all-in-one/discussions/1525

Thanks for pointing that out, I actually hadn't seen the latest reply yet.

So unless I'm missing something, it looks like my only option is a VM if I want HW transcoding, especially nvenc. I cant think of a single Docker image I haven't tried in the last 2 weeks.

I'm realy struggeling with the permissions for the Nextcloud cron.
Can't run with the nextcloud basic config. When I run this command "docker exec -u root nextcloud chown -R 33:users * "
the cron works... but then I'm unable to access nextcloud  

Unable to write to the "config" directory!

This problem is usually solved by giving the web server write access to the configuration directory. Or, if you prefer to keep the config.php file read-only, set the "config_is_read_only" option to true. See https://docs.nextcloud.com/server/25/go.php?to=admin-config

image.png.49f92c7e6f1b38d3c2b77e59fe6eba08.png

when I run: "docker exec -u root nextcloud chown -R 99:users * "

I do have access on nextcloud but the script can't access (just like in the begining)

image.png.4b6254ab78eac6868da9b0b58d31027f.png

I was able to fix it once in the past but then I had no access to the nextcloud appstore.

Do you have any hint ?

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/10/2022 at 1:52 AM, darkangelus said:

Hi, how would I go about fixing:

> Running Script: ./run-cron-php.sh
Cannot write into "config" directory!
This can usually be fixed by giving the web server write access to the config directory.

Thanks.

i have the same issue, anyone know how to fix it?

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/24/2022 at 6:45 PM, Alpha.Ars said:

I'm realy struggeling with the permissions for the Nextcloud cron.
Can't run with the nextcloud basic config. When I run this command "docker exec -u root nextcloud chown -R 33:users * "
the cron works... but then I'm unable to access nextcloud  

Unable to write to the "config" directory!

This problem is usually solved by giving the web server write access to the configuration directory. Or, if you prefer to keep the config.php file read-only, set the "config_is_read_only" option to true. See https://docs.nextcloud.com/server/25/go.php?to=admin-config

image.png.49f92c7e6f1b38d3c2b77e59fe6eba08.png

when I run: "docker exec -u root nextcloud chown -R 99:users * "

I do have access on nextcloud but the script can't access (just like in the begining)

image.png.4b6254ab78eac6868da9b0b58d31027f.png

I was able to fix it once in the past but then I had no access to the nextcloud appstore.

Do you have any hint ?

Having this same exact issue. Using knex666's docker image of nextcloud. 

Setting permissions to 33:users lets the cron docker image run the script, but then the nextcloud container can't access anything. Switching permissions back to 99 gives nextcloud access, but then the cron docker image doesn't work.

2 options:

1) Change the user in the advanced settings of the cronjob container to 99:

image.png.64f9bad9c2437eaccbb50f34f83bd7e4.png

2) remove the --user 99:100 in Extra Parameters of the knex666 template, then on unraid terminal 

chown -R 33:33 /mnt/user/appdata/nextcloud/ (or your folder)

It should then work fine. 

Edited by Kilrah
6 hours ago, Kilrah said:

2 options:

1) Change the user in the advanced settings of the cronjob container to 99:

image.png.64f9bad9c2437eaccbb50f34f83bd7e4.png

2) remove the --user 99:100 in Extra Parameters of the knex666 template, then on unraid terminal 

chown -R 33:33 /mnt/user/appdata/nextcloud/ (or your folder)

It should then work fine. 

Did option 1. Had to change the perms for the data folder & contents to 99 since, for whatever reason, it was set to 33. Works now. 

Thanks

• 1 month later...

First of all, thank you for providing such an excellent project.

Now I facing an tricky issue which may need your help. I want to modify the max upload file size. I have tried to modify it in both Nextcloud/.user.ini and php.ini, but it doesn't work. Can you tell me how to modify the max upload file size in your project please? Thank you!