Is my CPU bottlenecking file transfer speed

So i recently upgraded to 2.5 gigabit networking and have noticed my transfer speed when writing is only hitting around 130MB/s read is 210-230MB/s (To and from the SSD cache)

When writing i have one core on the server at 90% or more then writing is this a problem.

Server

M/B: MSI X99A GAMING PRO CARBON
CPU: Intel® Xeon® CPU E5-2630L v3 @ 1.80GHz
Memory: 16 GiB DDR4

Storage: 

Cache: 2 x Crucial MX500 500GB

Array: 6 x Seagate 8TB IronWolf NAS 

PC

CPU: AMD 5800X

M/B: Gigabyte Aorus x570 ultra

Memory: 32 GiB DDR4

Storage: 

Samsung 970 Evo 500GB (OS)

Samsung 950 Oro 256 GB (Doc)

Sabrent Rocket Q 2tb (Steam) 

image.png.98cf8236d3316cb68f3374f5402fb8fd.png

image.png.c5b21cf1ffbc6070f38f87a072f53f48.png

SMB is single threaded, for 10GbE I would expect a possible bottleneck, but that CPU should be enough for 2.5GbE, if you have an array disk still empty, and because disks are much faster in the outer sectors, enable turbo write and write directly to the array, it should be capable of 200MB/s+, just to check if if the pool is under performing.

20 hours ago, trurl said:

Are you absolutely sure you are writing to a cached user share?

Yep using my "Network Share" that has a cache

1.thumb.PNG.fa91eeccb5eebd9f323ac41ab4789754.PNG

2.thumb.PNG.9e3bda9eef5c52e34761ff54e04605db.PNG

5 hours ago, JorgeB said:

SMB is single threaded, for 10GbE I would expect a possible bottleneck, but that CPU should be enough for 2.5GbE, if you have an array disk still empty, and because disks are much faster in the outer sectors, enable turbo write and write directly to the array, it should be capable of 200MB/s+, just to check if if the pool is under performing.

If i understand correctly setting Tunable (md_write_method) to "reconstruct write" would be Turbo write but all the drives need to be spinning i spin down my drives after 1 hr as its mostly used as a plex server not shore that would work great for me.

My drives have only 400 to 800GB per drive free using 8TB drives.

image.thumb.png.6430e4b73d7452f7ef34783663aed318.png

16 hours ago, 12_purple_giraffes said:

If i understand correctly setting Tunable (md_write_method) to "reconstruct write" would be Turbo write but all the drives need to be spinning i spin down my drives after 1 hr as its mostly used as a plex server not shore that would work great for me.

It would be for testing only, you could then change it back, but if the drives are almost full it won't be a very good test, instead enable disk shares and transfer to cache using the disk share to see if there's any difference.