RESOLVED: Installed 4-Port NIC, Can't Access WebGUI or Shares

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

I just installed a 4-port NIC hoping to use it for VMs.  However, upon boot up I was unable to access the webgui or any of the shares.

When I connected my monitor, this was shown:

IPv4 address: not set

IPv4 address: not set

I've attached the diagnostics.

This happened a few weeks ago when I made the first attempt to install the nic.  At that time, I needed to access my shares for work so I wasn't able to pursue a solution.  Instead, I removed the nic and I found a discussion in the forum that said deleting the network.cfg file would get me back in.  It did that.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Edited by rockbox948

Thanks for your reply, @JorgeB!  I have the onboard NIC, a separate single port NIC that is not in use, and the new 4 port NIC I was installing.  After install, only the onboard NIC was connected to my network as that one is the one I have always used for the server.

1.  When you say link, do you mean network cable?  The server was connected to the network via the onboard NIC.

2.  If not, what do you mean by link?

Thanks again.

@JorgeB - Thanks again.  I'm new to much of this.

Based on your last, I have done the following:

1. I took out the separate 1-port NIC that wasn't doing anything;
  2. I kept the original network cable in the onboard NIC as it has always been; and
  3. I reinstalled the 4-port NIC and connected two of the ports to the network.

I observed the following:

1. The onboard NIC no longer seems to be transmitting as the LEDs are off.
  2. The two connected ports on the 4-port NIC have lit LEDs.
  3. Unraid now shows an IPv4 address but it is not the address that I set for the system in my pfSense box.
  4. I am unable to reach the webGUI through the original IP I had set but can reach it from the new IP Unraid shows.

What do I need to do to for Unraid to use the onboard NIC with the original IP so that the 4-port NIC can be dedicated to just VMs?

Updated diagnostics are attached.

Edited by rockbox948
  • Solution
14 hours ago, rockbox948 said:

What do I need to do to for Unraid to use the onboard NIC with the original IP so that the 4-port NIC can be dedicated to just VMs?

-boot using GUI mode and set the onboard NIC to eth0 (Settings -> Network Settings -> Interface rules), assign the static IP you want and the other settings and reboot, of course link will need to up for it to work.

• rockbox948 changed the title to RESOLVED: Installed 4-Port NIC, Can't Access WebGUI or Shares