array health report [FAIL]

14 minutes ago, JonathanM said:

One option is to enable email notifications so you see the full message

In any case, you should have Notifications setup to alert you immediately be email or other agent as soon as a problem is detected. Don't wait until you happen to open your browser to your Unraid server to discover you have a serious problem that should have been dealt with days ago.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, JorgeB said:
[ST6000NM0095_ZAD3Q4NJ0000C829A6YY_35000c50095310bef]
hotTemp="45"

Current Drive Temperature:     48 C

Thank you.  I didn't know a high temperature would be a failure (array is functioning).  I'll see if moving the drive in my case will result in a lower temperature.

10 minutes ago, Jaybau said:

I didn't know a high temperature would be a failure (array is functioning).

Failure is a strong word, but if things are functioning and configured correctly you shouldn't get the message unless there is an airflow or other more drastic issue. My temp alerts (and probably yours as well) are more an indication of something I should deal with, but it's not as urgent as a drive failure.

However. your statement "array is functioning" applies to an array with a failed drive as well, and that's WAY more important to deal with promptly.

1 hour ago, Jaybau said:

I frequently get array healthy report failures.

For your temp issue, either fix the airflow, or if it's as good as it gets, change the alert temp to a higher number so you don't have alerts crying wolf. When you get a failure, you need to address whatever the issue is immediately.

I appreciate the good advice and will try methods to resolve (there's no fan or air circulations around the SAS drive).  However, here's an example of the messaging...

I don't believe the "warning" importance = "fail".  I would prefer a message change from "[FAIL]" to "[WARNING]".

Event: Unraid Status
Subject: Notice [TOWER] - array health report [FAIL]
Description: Array has 4 disks (including parity & cache)
Importance: warning

Parity - ST6000NM0095_ZAD0DLB90000C7156VM7_35000c500863f5d47 (sdf) - active 44 C [OK]
Disk 1 - Hitachi_HDS721010CLA332_JP2940HD0L00HC (sdh) - active 38 C [OK]
Disk 2 - ST6000NM0095_ZAD3Q4NJ0000C829A6YY_35000c50095310bef (sdi) - active 51 C (disk is hot) [NOK]
Cache - M4-CT256M4SSD2_00000000130309265B2B (sdg) - active 0 C [OK]

Parity is valid