Unable to connect to unraid server after updating to 6.11 rc3

Go to solution Solved by trurl,

Hi, currently i'm unable to connect to the server from main computer.

Trying to connect the server with devices on the same network.

Are able to ping the Unraid server.

When trying to connect to it via browser im getting the error "Hmmm… can't reach this page 192.168.xx.xx refused to connect."

Changes done on the unraid server was to update it to 6.11 RC3 last week. 

When plugging in a monitor to the server its up and running and can login to the terminal with my credentials.

Anyone have an idea what the problem could be?

Thanks,

Edited by hsynneva
  • hsynneva changed the title to Unable to connect to unraid server after updating to 6.11 rc3

I got this problem too, caused by the upgrade.

Initially my box wouldn't come back after the upgrade. I hard reset it and it came up but wouldn't connect via gui over lan and none of my shares were visible despite the box showing up in file explorer on windows.

While troubleshooting my box just kept crashing (6.11.rc3).

I ran memtest over night to rule out RAM and i got no issues. I reseated my CPU with fresh paste just to be sure. Still crashing. Wouldn't complete booting in either safe-mode (with or without gui).

I manually reverted to 6.10.3 and crashing went away but still no lan access of gui and shares. Some dockers working, some not.

I did a bit of searching and historic threads suggested lan sharing issues with windows machines are caused by samba settings. I had a look and all my samba settings had been changed to 'no' except for the macOS which was now 'yes'. I changed these back and i could see my shares again. These were clearly nerfed during the upgrade process.

Gui was still not accessible. I run with an ssl plugin on my browser so i then tried the gui IP as plain old http and the gui came up. I wasn't getting the usual message of 'there is no secure site available' but it was working. I deleted the files from the certs folder in the config/ssl and now i get the correct browser message for trying to connect via http.

There are still other bits broken (such as my firefox docker starting up and shutting down almost immediately) that i'm still trying to figure out so for me the 6.11.rc3 'upgrade' has been an absolute nightmare.

Ah ok that's bad news then 😅 did upgrade due to many posts saying this fixes the alder lake issue (plex transcoding).

Unfortunately my backup before upgrading to this OS version are corrupt.

So worse case I have to use a 1month old backup..

I'll look into the go file trurl.

I've tested to restore the 1month old backup and it's working fine (2nd USB flash unit). But will lose alot of changes I've done..

1 hour ago, trurl said:

Your go file isn't starting the webUI. Unlikely the result of the upgrade. Download any version and unzip it to see what the stock go file should look like in config/go

Thank you, was some issue with the go file as you suggested. Used the old go file from the backup and now its up and running again! Thanks for finding the problem @trurl