Shutting down Server

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

My unraid has defaultedt to a blank screen, i can only access the terminal to possible it shut down or reset.

from my goolging, is powerdown the current coomand for this problem?

i have to replace the usb as well as the cache drive.

blank_unraidJPG.JPG

Edited by Olymoly

alright so i got a new usb drive.   used the usb creator to install unraid via zip of an backup.  everything loaded, i moved key over but the backup was older, so all the config is wrong as it is older.. i assume i cannot just select the previous config and start the array like this. or can i?    or can i just move some select files over from one usb to the other?

i still have the original drive.  i guess i can boot into it again,  hoping it will boot and do a recent backup and reinstall unraid via the newer zip backup.  this should effect my key since it tied to the id of the new drive?

If a new config was permanently written with the drives being in a different order I'd think you have lost everything. If the new config was not written and a parity never even got the chance to start, try putting the drives back to their original config and start the array. Most likely if a new config was previously written a parity will start.

7 hours ago, Olymoly said:

i moved key over but the backup was older, so all the config is wrong as it is older.. i assume i cannot just select the previous config and start the array like this. or can i?    or can i just move some select files over from one usb to the other?

If you know the correct disk assignments don't restore super.dat and just reassign all the disks, you can restore the rest of the config folder.

After my last post, I had to head to work. Here where I left it as.

I removed the new USB, loaded the previous USB, downloaded the flash backup, used the USB creater via zip to write to the new usb, now both drives "should" be identical.

Before I did this I copied the entire contents of the drive at each phase.

I booted the server as I basically walked out the door. I've remoted back into my PC to via the broswer and now not sure If put the correct USB in as it says registration key in red, or did just writr over my old one? Did I lose/ delete my key? I assume it would recognize via uid if it was the right USB. I will have to check and make sure when I am home.

Drives seemed correct, other then the registration key and being unable to check anything else. However it may be the wrong USB anyways.

If it is, I do have config from after I activated the key and before I used the USB creator took for the second time to create the current USB.

JorgeB, does this still apply? Just copy the Config folder over expect super.dat.

If you are using a different flash drive you need to replace the key:

https://wiki.unraid.net/Manual/Changing_The_Flash_Device

I've done this. The question/problem, after completing the transfer of my registration to the new usb, I overwritten the currently registered drive with an another older backup of the previous flash drive that I moved the registration key from previously. The drive is the same. Not a new drive from registration. The data on the disk was changed/overwritten.