Unraid server losing internet after about an hour

Go to solution Solved by sevenhree,

My server now loses internet connection after about an hour or 2 of running, I've reset my router, tried different cables and ports, and tried different IP addresses. It worked fine until about a month ago, I did move to a new house and switch to a new network, not sure if this could be related because it was working for a while on the new network. I tried to completely reset unraid but it seems like I cannot do that without buying a new key. Am I missing something? What can I do to fix this?

Your license .key file is in the config folder and will work on any install to the same flash drive, or can be transferred to a new flash.

No reason a new install should be necessary, and no reason to expect it to fix anything.

Try deleting config/network.cfg from flash drive so it will use default DHCP and see if that helps.

Do you have an attached keyboard and monitor?

24 minutes ago, trurl said:

Your license .key file is in the config folder and will work on any install to the same flash drive, or can be transferred to a new flash.

No reason a new install should be necessary, and no reason to expect it to fix anything.

Try deleting config/network.cfg from flash drive so it will use default DHCP and see if that helps.

Do you have an attached keyboard and monitor?

I do have a keyboard and monitor attached. I deleted network.cfg, I'm gonna give it a few hours to see if the issue persists.

• 2 weeks later...

There's nothing logged, assumed you followed the general Ryzen recommendations linked above there's likely some hardware issue, one more thing you can try is to boot the server in safe mode with all docker/VMs disable, let it run as a basic NAS for a few days, if it still crashes it's likely a hardware problem, if it doesn't start turning on the other services one by one.

• 3 weeks later...