Syslog - Jump To End

A simple request to add to the Syslog page (Tools > System Log)

Can we have a button that will jump down to the last (most recent) entry in the log?

There is a button (bottom right) which will take you to the top of the log when you scroll down.  But typically when I need to look at the Syslog, I wish to see what happened recently.  The log opens to the oldest retained entry, and one must scroll to the bottom, sometimes through a month of entries to get to the most recent.

A down arrow button in the top right corner when opening the Syslog page would be wonderful.

12 hours ago, ConnerVT said:

A simple request to add to the Syslog page (Tools > System Log)

Can we have a button that will jump down to the last (most recent) entry in the log?

There is a button (bottom right) which will take you to the top of the log when you scroll down.  But typically when I need to look at the Syslog, I wish to see what happened recently.  The log opens to the oldest retained entry, and one must scroll to the bottom, sometimes through a month of entries to get to the most recent.

A down arrow button in the top right corner when opening the Syslog page would be wonderful.

Or have an option to set syslog to show latest first?

• Upvote 1

There's a plugin called Enhanced Log Viewer that opens at the end of the log. I appreciate that this isn't quite what you're asking for but it might make life easier for you in the meantime. The plugin doesn't replace the built-in log viewer but it is available from the Tools page as an alternative. It has other features, too such as customisable colours. I find it very useful.