Reiserfs to XFS conversion (Solved)

Go to solution Solved by Frank1940,

A quick check; 'mirroring process' calls for rsync -rcvPX /mnt/disk10/ /mnt/disk11/  as a checksum command,  but you are suggesting -narcv what is the difference? Since I don't know rsync from a hole in the ground.

May skip it in any event due to it probably taking a long time to run, no possibility of background writing since I'm converting in SAFE mode, and would like to get to the last disk for conversion.

Thank You.

Edited by marlin
addition

Happy to report conversion of data drives complete. Couple of notes for future converters, it takes forever so do it sooner than later.

Step 11/swap; I went through and manually set each disk file type from auto just to make sure everything ran correctly.

Step 15; if you set format type of both drives to XPS here you don't have to stop/start array again. Of course you need to be confident everything went correctly.

I still want to convert single cache drive from btrfs to xfs. Set up notifications. Check function of UPS.

Thanks all for the help with the conversion.

tower-diagnostics-20220928-1150.zip

• marlin changed the title to Reiserfs to XFS conversion (Solved)