[SOLVED] Rsync between 2 unraid @ 10MB/s?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General instructions on how to mount shares seem to be here:  http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=19503.0

I found I first had to create a new account on both systems - with the same password (when I used the "root" account, I got a permission denied (13) error).

Created a new account called "filemove" on both systems, then from Tower1, I ran TelNet and entered:

mkdir /mnt/tower2_tv

Then I entered:

mount -t cifs -o sec=ntlm,user=filemove,password=mypassword //tower2/tv /mnt/tower2_tv

Hope this helps someone.

Russell

• 6 months later...

I just want to add that with the direct rsync method and a unRAID v6.2 (b20) setup without a parity disk I get write speeds of up to 95 MB/s from another unRAID server. So this is really sweet if you're migrating or backing up a unRAID server to another one. Adding parity will probably have an impact on the write speeds, but with the new Turbo Write option this maybe minimal.

• 1 month later...

Fantastic that this thread is still alive. Using it again and I forgot how I did this ;)

Thanks to the update by @wolferI99

Haha no kidding.

I started reading the thread, all happy that I found it, ready to try it out. Then on page 3, boom, I saw a comment by me, I guess I had already done this several years ago lol.

Which vitamins do I take for long term memory again?