Changed server, new server - no internet access

Go to solution Solved by ArveVM,

Can't get access to new apps or OS-upgrade !

I've been running a trial-version on an old PC, and decided to pruchase license and move to a slightly newer pc.
Had the old one set up with fixed IP, and IP-reservation in DreamMachinePro

had a few dockers and HomeAssistant as VM, with usb-passthrouh for Zigbee-stick

Did not remember to remove IP-reservation before moving flash/drives to new server and booted up :(.
The new server was indeed available on "old IP", while in DreamMachine it was showing with another IP.

(added an LSI 9211-8i and had some issues with that, but it is now working and it is holding the spin-drive as of now=

Removed the old ip-reservation, and adjusted the IP to the right on nic for new server,,  but are still not able to get internet access on new server:

- in upgrade OS i get Status=unknown:
image.thumb.png.4ceb521d27545e3fd291e64ccb17bd56.png

- and for apps I get this,,
image.thumb.png.55fba0991d62c6333b9e8a299c82d0f6.png

Static DNS was previously set to 8.8.8.8, and even setting in the new entry had any impact

image.png.32da9419a68389e34f17e52d4fc7298b.png

So I figured the DreamMachine was due for a restart, and ended up even upgrading firmware on it,, 

but still no success.

Have restarted unraid quite a few times - also after the upgrade/restart of the DreamMacine

please advice,, my next guess would be to remove the IPreservation in DreamMachine, then change IP on undaid,,, but unsure if that will fix the issue or create even new one---   please advice

Best regards

noob unraid-user

ArveVM

unraid1-diagnostics-20220828-1049.zip

an update,, spinning around chasing my tail here  :)

have figured out the errors on reservarions on the DPM,, there was an "userfriendly filter" which was filtering off the devices that had not been online for the last two weeks :(  
managed to change ip to .140 and set it fixed in dpm, and changed back to .141 now - still without server getting any internet access

- so the dockers and the vm is running fine, just not connected to internet  (incentive for more local control,,,,  :( )

providing new diagnostics as of now,,,   at least now it looks ok with -141 as IP both on server and UDM 

- have restarted udm and unraid after last settings, but still same issue

unraid1-diagnostics-20220828-1253.zip

3 hours ago, JorgeB said:

Set Unraid to use DHCP and see if it gets an IP address from the DHCP server.

yepp, tried it - but no internet connection still
(it got IP correct the first time also)

PS: solution in other post - so no further support required, thanks for your assistance :)

• Solution

yeh,,, ,shamefull to admit it - but it was actually time-settings that was wrong.

the "use NTP" setting from previous server was set to NO.
When put to YES, the old setting with an local NTP and three global was activated,, restart, and there you go:
image.thumb.png.354eb4a50c4c49968cfdb4671813e6ae.png

so closing this with lack of time-settings/NTP as solution,, in case others get into same issue.

- have actually moved from one test-unraid to another and the time-settings did follow,, so unsure why/what happened here,,, 

- perhaps it was the  new  LSI 9211-8i  and bios-issues with that that rocked the boat???   anyway, now it seems to work - 

• Like 1