Airvideo unMenu package

Hello.

I just installed the airvideo app in my new iPad (free version) and I also installed the airvideoserverlinux.jar via unmenu, along with the jre-6u11-i586-1.tgz and the gcc-4.2.4-i486-1.tgz packages in my unRaid 4.7.

I then followed the instructions in the first post and I replaced the 2 .conf files in \\TOWER\flash\packages folder and re-installed the airvideoserverlinux.jar

Unfortunately I cannot see the server in iPad.

I noticed that every time I start/stop the airvideo in user scripts I get the following error in main page:

Tower kernel: atd[31340]: segfault at 0 ip (null) sp bfc9e668 error 14 in atd[8048000+4000]

Can you please help?

After a lot of reading I found that transmission is causing the problem.

It seems that when transmission is installed, airvideo cannot start (atd error).

It is not enough just to stop transmission through unmenu>user scripts.

What I did to fix this:

1. Uninstall transmission (disable re-install on reboot)

2. Reboot server

3. Wait for airvideo to load

4. Then re-install Transmission

This way both services are running ok.

So my question now is how to change the order of the plugins that are loaded after boot (maybe I should ask this in the right section).

Also how can I change the subtitle encoding settings? (change the default encoding to greek)

Thank you.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if you are using the transmission plugin it is installing a library that is not needed on 5.0bX unRAID.  That is what is causing the problem and it does not magically go away by changing the launch order.

You should NOT be using that plugin as is.  My unMenu package does not install this library.  You can probably edit the .plg file for Transmission so that the library is no installed.

if you are using the transmission plugin it is installing a library that is not needed on 5.0bX unRAID.  That is what is causing the problem and it does not magically go away by changing the launch order.

You should NOT be using that plugin as is.  My unMenu package does not install this library.  You can probably edit the .plg file for Transmission so that the library is no installed.

I have unraid 4.7 (stable) and I'm using Transmission 2.33

This is the post that helped me:

I have airvideo running for some time at boot up.  I started getting these same error messages.  I had switched to from rtorrent to transmission a little while ago.  Did not think about it until i started getting these messages.  To resolve it for me was to disable transmission on reboot and leave airvideo starting at reboot.  After the machine is up and running i just turn transmission back on.  Just stopping transmission did not work,  it required a reboot.

Looks like for me transmission is causing the problem..

You replied about the log level in transmission and the other user said:

I have it set to 1.  This is not about filling up my syslog but getting it to run before airvideo.  If it reboot and have it start automatically airvideo does not want to run.  if i have them both set to run on boot airvideo gives the atd memory error message...

...which is exactly my problem. I don't know why but changing the launch order does help in my case.

See here http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=6097.240.

If I understand your answer, I shouldn't have replaced the 2 .conf files of airvideo because I have unraid 4.7 ? Or do you refer to transmission only?

Please help me understand, I'm new to unraid and linux...

I have unraid 4.7 (stable) and I'm using Transmission 2.33

There in lies your problem.  Did you NOT read the first post in the thread

This is the post that helped me:

I have airvideo running for some time at boot up.  I started getting these same error messages.  I had switched to from rtorrent to transmission a little while ago.  Did not think about it until i started getting these messages.  To resolve it for me was to disable transmission on reboot and leave airvideo starting at reboot.  After the machine is up and running i just turn transmission back on.  Just stopping transmission did not work,  it required a reboot.

Looks like for me transmission is causing the problem..

You replied about the log level in transmission and the other user said:

I have it set to 1.  This is not about filling up my syslog but getting it to run before airvideo.  If it reboot and have it start automatically airvideo does not want to run.  if i have them both set to run on boot airvideo gives the atd memory error message...

That reply has nothing to do with the problem you are having, nothing what so ever!!

...which is exactly my problem. I don't know why but changing the launch order does help in my case.

No, its really not.  If you were to stop AirVideo right now with Transmission installed and try to restart it the restart should fail.  That is because the install of Transmission broke a library on unRAID.

Please help me understand, I'm new to unraid and linux...

The short answer is DO NOT INSTALL TRANSMISSION on UNRAID 4.7... come to thing of it I should probably just make it so it can not be installed

When I installed transmission (2.33) there were no red letters in that thread.  I have not had any problems with transmission ever since I installed it.

It's the airvideo that I installed recently that gives the atd error, just like the other user...

Right now I can have both airvideo and transmission running ok. That's because I disable transmission on reboot and leave airvideo starting at reboot.  After the machine is up and running i just turn transmission back on.

So how do I resolve this? What's wrong of having transmission start after airvideo?

When I installed transmission (2.33) there were no red letters in that thread.  I have not had any problems with transmission ever since I installed it.

None that you knew of, not even i knew of the problems when i first created the package.

It's the airvideo that I installed recently that gives the atd error

No, it is not the airvideo package that is causing the problem.  It may appear that way but it is the install of the Transmission package that cause the error of airvideo to appear.

Right now I can have both airvideo and transmission running ok. That's because I disable transmission on reboot and leave airvideo starting at reboot.  After the machine is up and running i just turn transmission back on.

It may appear to be running OK, but that is NOT exactly the case. Take my word for it, i spent a good while figuring out what was going on once some users had reported the errors to me.

So how do I resolve this?

either run an unRAID 5.0b/RC version or DO NOT install transmission on the machine while running unRAID 4.7

What's wrong of having transmission start after airvideo?

You can have it install/start after airvideo and both will "work".  That install of Transmission whether before or after airvideo DOES BREAK other libraries in unRAID that might effect how unRAID works.

• 4 weeks later...

Im having the ffmpeg compiler problem and just deleting this package makes no difference to the problem.

I'm so confused...

I also get the error /var/log/airvideo does not exist.

The C compiler has not been installed. Ffmpeg compile not possible.

Is this got something to do with transmission? I'm running that.

• 9 months later...

Not sure if there's an updated thread as I didn't see anything but I just installed Airvideo on my 4.7 UnRAID server.  Everything went well and is working great.  The only issue I had was one of the packages seems to have an invalid url:

Addl. Pkg. URL-5: http://lp.slackwaresupport.com/Slackware-11.0/X11/mpeg4ip/mpeg4ip-1.5.0.1-i486-1ahl.tgz 
Addl. Pkg. File-5: mpeg4ip-1.5.0.1-i486-1ahl.tgz 
Addl. md5 Checksum: 2b50c235deb0236e59e5d7200acf0cea (NOT matched - download may be corrupted, or download URL no longer valid.)

EDIT:  Nevermind, Just found this thread:

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=9123.15