Vdisk issue when trying to install PfSense

I followed this tutorial on youtube (except with the updated Unraid 6.9 IOMMU separation):

But when I boot up the VM, it won't get to the installation part. This is an excerpt of the Unraid VM log:

-sandbox on,obsolete=deny,elevateprivileges=deny,spawn=deny,resourcecontrol=deny \
-msg timestamp=on
char device redirected to /dev/pts/1 (label charserial0)
qxl_send_events: spice-server bug: guest stopped, ignoring
2022-08-31T01:56:15.267578Z qemu-system-x86_64: vfio-pci: Cannot read device rom at 0000:03:00.0
Device option ROM contents are probably invalid (check dmesg).
Skip option ROM probe with rombar=0, or load from file with romfile=
2022-08-31T01:56:15.269074Z qemu-system-x86_64: vfio-pci: Cannot read device rom at 0000:03:00.1
2022-08-31T01:56:15.270696Z qemu-system-x86_64: vfio-pci: Cannot read device rom at 0000:04:00.0
2022-08-31T01:56:15.272388Z qemu-system-x86_64: vfio-pci: Cannot read device rom at 0000:04:00.1

and here is a screenshot of what the VM is displaying:

8VzyHDz.png

[EDIT]

I have narrowed the problem down, but still don't have a solution.

The problem seems to be the "Primary vDisk Bus" setting, which is set to SATA, as demonstrated in the tutorial.

If I change it to the default "VirtIO", the PfSense setup wizard shows up, but as I proceed through the installer, it cannot detect any disks.

Does anyone know what the issue is? Is there any additional information I should provide?

Edited by Stubbs

I have narrowed the problem down, but still don't have a solution.

The problem seems to be the "Primary vDisk Bus" setting, which is set to SATA, as demonstrated in the tutorial.

If I change it to the default "VirtIO", the PfSense setup wizard shows up, but as I proceed through the installer, it cannot detect any disks.

Does anyone know what the issue is? Is there any additional information I should provide?

• Stubbs changed the title to Vdisk issue when trying to install PfSense
5 hours ago, JorgeB said:

If you don't mind please share what the issue was, it might help someone else in the future.

It had been a while since I last made a VM in Unraid, and when assigning a vdisk size, I forgot you're supposed to postfix it with the letter "G" to assign it in gigabytes.

• Like 1