Unraid Freeze/Crash and unsure what to do next

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

Hello everyone. Thank you for taking the time to read this post and hopefully providing some assistance!

Server:

Mobo: Supermicro X9DRi-LN4F+

CPU: 2x 2620v2 Xeons

RAM: DDR3 1333hz 16gb X8 HMT42GR7AFR4A-PB

HDD: 2x4tb Parity and 4x4tb Array; 1TB Cache Pool; Sandisk Cruzer 8gb Flash Boot

PSU: Corsair RM750x

Unraid 6.10.3

Plugins: CA Auto Turbo Write Mode, Ca Backup/Restore Appdata, Community Applications, Dynamix Active Streams, Dynamix Cache Directories, Dynamix Schedules, Dynamix SSD TRIM, Dynamix System Buttons, Dynamix System Info, Dynamix System Statistics, Dynamix System Temperature, Fix Common Problems, IPMI Support, Nerd Tools, Tips and Tweaks, Unassigned Devices, Unassigned Devices Plus, Use Scripts

Issue: 

Seemingly random lockups on the server. Unraid fails to respond over HTTP as "ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT". Local screen remains at the terminal login screen after crash and keyboard becomes unresponsive to login after crash (is responsive before). Sometimes the server will run for a day or two before locking up, sometimes it will run for a few minutes. If the array is not started, it will still crash (I was just pulling the list of plugins, then clicked the Apps button and realized I crashed). 

Troubleshooting:

• Reseated all ram sticks
  • I've ran a full multiday memtest86+ session without crashing and without error
  • Pulled all of the disks off of the main PSU and added a secondary PSU for just the disks
  • Ran in safe mode with no plugins and still crashed
  • Monitored temperatures of CPU, Disks, Motherboard and didn't see high temps to warranty a thermal issue
  • I've migrated up a down versions a couple of times with no difference
  • I've ran syslog to usb drive, but didn't really see anything (although I'm not sure exactly what to look for

tower-diagnostics-20220831-1036.zip

• Solution
31 minutes ago, njenabnit said:

sometimes it will run for a few minutes. If the array is not started, it will still crash

Nothing relevant logged and the above really makes think of a hardware problem, crashing after a few minutes with the array and services stopped, don't remember ever seeing a similar case that wasn't hardware related.

• 4 weeks later...