Gen9 still good?

Looking for some quick pre-purchase advice. 

I'm looking at updating my existing Avoton based server with a new one. Unfortunately it seems like if I want quicksync support, IPMI, ECC support & fairly low TDP I'm locked in to 9th gen Intel - if I don't want to add a dedicated GPU, which I don't. 

From what I've read 9th gen should be better supported by UnRAID regardless. 

I've found an available SUPERMICRO X11SSH-F and can source an i3 9100, too. Which should be fine for UnRAID, a handful of containers and most of all - plex transcodes. Was hoping for more than four cores, but it seems that unless I drop ECC and IPMI all I can get is either XEON or Pentium Gold - neither of which seems to be preferable for my use-case. 

Thanks

5 hours ago, Froberg said:

Looking for some quick pre-purchase advice. 

I'm looking at updating my existing Avoton based server with a new one. Unfortunately it seems like if I want quicksync support, IPMI, ECC support & fairly low TDP I'm locked in to 9th gen Intel - if I don't want to add a dedicated GPU, which I don't. 

From what I've read 9th gen should be better supported by UnRAID regardless. 

I've found an available SUPERMICRO X11SSH-F and can source an i3 9100, too. Which should be fine for UnRAID, a handful of containers and most of all - plex transcodes. Was hoping for more than four cores, but it seems that unless I drop ECC and IPMI all I can get is either XEON or Pentium Gold - neither of which seems to be preferable for my use-case. 

Thanks

...i am fairly happy with my i7-9700, so yes, still good 👍

Edited by Zonediver