My Servers will not do flash backup.

Hopefully I'm not duplicating a thread for this matter... I have two different Unraid servers on my network. The first one connected and is backing up properly with My Servers App. My second one says "Activated", but will not back up the flash no matter what I do. 

Here is screenshots and the logs. As you can probably tell, This is a BRAND new install with nothing except a couple apps...

Any help appreciated

image.thumb.png.6029b59e992e605c5377795b2038a040.png

image.thumb.png.fdefa09a604b5c88166d598aa8aa257f.png

testingrig2022-diagnostics-20220905-1818.zip

• Like 1

Thanks for letting us know you're still having issues. I am seeing intermittent errors as well but after retrying a few times it always connects. We are going to do another round of server side tweaks before asking for your logs.

In the meantime, if your online flash backup is out of date please make a manual backup of your flash drive by going to Main -> Boot Device -> Flash -> Flash Device Settings -> Flash Backup

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, ljm42 said:

Thanks for letting us know you're still having issues. I am seeing intermittent errors as well but after retrying a few times it always connects. We are going to do another round of server side tweaks before asking for your logs.

In the meantime, if your online flash backup is out of date please make a manual backup of your flash drive by going to Main -> Boot Device -> Flash -> Flash Device Settings -> Flash Backup

When we encounter a failure, what should we be doing to "retry"? Simply pressing the "Update" button or should we be retinitializing or deactivating and reactivating?

Without fail it says "Failed to sync flash backup" for me, and it hasn't once connected, so I'm just wanting to check I'm pressing the right buttons to try and get it working. 

Thank you. 

• Like 1
On 9/11/2022 at 6:00 PM, MrBeast said:

I have the same issue as well - But will also wait for an update from the admins :) Thanks in advance! :) 

Since this morning the flash backup message has just changed to "up-to-date" and I can also download the backup from the dashboard. :) 👍
rom my side nothing has been modified - so something seems to have been adjusted on the server side?

• Like 3

I don't seem to be able to get a backup loaded. System is only a few weeks into deployment, and only discovered earlier that i had to "activate" the flash backup feature (the whole My Servers concept is a new feature since i last used unraid), so in reality it's only been a few hours since i activated - but yeh no love in that time. Will follow this thread for the all clear @ljm42 , and then report if i'm stilll experiencing errors after this.

Just checking if this is still an issue.  I am getting 

Unable to connect to backup.unraid.net:22

However, when I try to SSH to backup.unraid.net from the console, I get the 

Permission denied (publickey).

However, when I try the Update button on the flash backup, I don't see SSH (TCP 22) traffic passing through my firewall, I only see it when I manually try from the console.

With great troubleshooting help from @ljm42 we narrowed the issue down to an incorrect DNS setting which was likely causing a timeout.  Once the DNS servers were all responding, the issue was resolved.

Edited by cadamwil
Corrected mention and revised language to be less terse and more thankful
  • Like 1