Issue with file moves to array

bkastner
Go to solution Solved by trurl,

I am running Unraid 6.11 rc4, though I think my issue is independant of that.

I have 2 cache pools - one for appdata and the other for backups/downloads, and have the mappings in NZBGET, Radarr and Sonarr to point to /mnt/user for everything so I can take advantage of hard links, etc.

When I download a movie it moves from the Downloads directory to the Movies cache folder on the same drive, however when mover starts it seems to want to move everything to a single disk (disk8) for some reason. My share is configured as Most-Free, and disk8 is actually the least free disk, and I don't understand why it keeps putting data on it. I've even set disk8 as an exclusion for the movies share, but it still keeps moving files to that disk.

I've also just realized I have some funkiness with my shares (certain movies are showing up as seperate shares for some reason). I only noticed that now, but assume it's unrelated to the overall issue. I only mention as anyone reviewing my diagnostics may wonder what I am doing (I wonder myself sometimes).

cydstorage-diagnostics-20220907-1320.zip

That makes sense, but shouldn't be the issue (I don't think). 

I am in the process of refreshing my movie library to get everything to 1080p, etc. I've processed around 1,300 movies, and almost 900 of them are now on disk8. I have 12 disks, so the odds of that are incredibly small I would think.

• Solution
2 hours ago, bkastner said:

certain movies are showing up as seperate shares for some reason

Any folder at the top level of array or pool disks is automatically a user share. Any folder at the top level of /mnt/user is also a user share, and will be created on an array disk if it doesn't already exist as a user share. Any user share will have default settings (cache:no, for example) until you set them.