Strap In for this... Parity Good. One Good Drive Forgotten, Bad Drive Missing

RussellG

4 minutes ago, JorgeB said:

Problem is disk2, it's failing:

=== START OF READ SMART DATA SECTION ===
SMART Health Status: FAILURE PREDICTION THRESHOLD EXCEEDED: ascq=0xfd [asc=5d, ascq=fd]

Do you have another spare?

I do. So just stop the re-build, replace with the other drive, and rebuild again?

Alright, so it finished. There were 35 errors and it appears disk1 is also bad. Given it had water damage (replaced PCB) and all that stress, I'm not surprised. I've got a couple more drives on order to get everything up and safe. Disk2 didn't show any errors on rebuild, so it should be good, for now. It appears I am mostly in the clear though.

unraid-diagnostics-20220910-0850.zip

Edited by RussellG
On 9/10/2022 at 12:14 PM, trurl said:

Rebuilt disk2 is mounted and 70% full so should be OK.

Your docker/VM setup is less than ideal but we can discuss after you get your array stable.

Looks like that'll be a bit. Disk1 is not giving me errors, but Disk2 is now having read errors. I just got a new 10tb in yesterday, so I am going to get that in and replace Disk2 since it's having active read errors now. These HGSTs have been sitting around for a bit and weren't tested, so I guess that's a failure on my part since they are obviously both bad.