How restore (domain, appdata, system)? (Solved)

Braulio
Go to solution Solved by trurl,

My SSD had a problem. I lost everything, it doesn't read anything. Inside it had the folders (domain, appdata, system).

I have backup all of them, however when I restore the dockers and VMs they don't appear.

I restored so:
appdata = Settings -> Backup/Restore Appdata
system (libvirt and docker) = copy and paste to new SSD
domain (vms) = copy paste to new SSD

Any suggestion?

Tks

Edited by Braulio

Diagnostics is a single zip file. There is no need for you to convert it to anything else, and we shouldn't have to install software to help you.

If it appears to you that you have downloaded a bunch of folders and files it is because your computer automatically opened that single zip file.

Find that single zip file wherever it was downloaded and attach it to your NEXT post in this thread.

@trurl @JorgeB

Output command "find /mnt/ -name libvirt.img"
/mnt/user/system/libvirt/libvirt.img
/mnt/vms_dockers/system/libvirt/libvirt.img

1) I created the folders (appdata/system/vms) in the array.
2) I selected "Use cache pool (for new files/directories): PREFER"
3) After copying from array to cache I selected "Use cache pool (for new files/directories): ONLY" because I don't want "move" again. The Vms and dockres will be in the cache and I will backup by CA Backup.

I took a test. Everything I create in the array folders (appdata/system/vms) also is created in the cache folders (I think the array folders are defined as a reference to cache folder).

VMs = Solved
I only had 2 virtual machines. So I created new virtual machines to solve the problem faster.

Docker = Unresolved
The dockers still don't show up. I need help fixing this part.

Edited by Braulio

/mnt/user is the user shares, which includes all of the array disks plus all of the pools, so these

1 hour ago, Braulio said:

/mnt/user/system/libvirt/libvirt.img
/mnt/vms_dockers/system/libvirt/libvirt.img

are just different views of the same file. That is all OK.

Do that same command with docker.img

find /mnt/ -name docker.img

1 hour ago, Braulio said:

Everything I create in the array folders (appdata/system/vms) also is created in the cache folders (I think the array folders are defined as a reference to cache folder).

You are probably misinterpreting /mnt/user as only including the array, which isn't the case as mentioned.

1 minute ago, trurl said:

/mnt/user is the user shares, which includes all of the array disks plus all of the pools

2 hours ago, trurl said:

/mnt/user is the user shares, which includes all of the array disks plus all of the pools, so these

are just different views of the same file. That is all OK.

Do that same command with docker.img

find /mnt/ -name docker.img

/mnt/user/system/docker/docker-xfs.img
/mnt/vms_dockers/system/docker/docker-xfs.img

• Braulio changed the title to How restore (domain, appdata, system)? (Solved)