VM Creation Error - XML Error:HostDev already exist in the domain configuration

Ariv73

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/10/2022 at 9:30 AM, Ariv73 said:

https://prnt.sc/ELazsJYRKMbM

unraid latest 6.10.3

I have wiped my usb flash drives, I have formated all my data disks and cache drives but my vm's still showed up from previous installs.

I deleted VM's and vdisk's but when I try install debian 10 I get the VM Creation Error

Im confused and totally lost 

The VM template is stored on the USB flash drive which boots unraid, you can simply delete it and try to create another VM, if it doesn't work, just to test give it a new name.

It would be better if you add a picture or share the XML of the VM template before you press "Create"

• 5 weeks later...

I ran into this recently while changing graphics cards in my host.

In my case, it was referring to a source (host) device that was listed twice twice in the XML.

Once I found it (please can you let us search the whole XML at once!?) and changed it as well, I could save it no problem.

(edit, if you have changed hardware in the form view, you may need to switch to XML view so you can see all the hardware - IIRC, the form view hides hardware that isn't there any more, but it still there in the XML)

Edited by IronRooster