6.9.2 --> 6.10.3; "You do not have permissions to access this server"

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

30 minutes ago, Frank1940 said:

@GuyWithAQuestion, double check that NextCloud is working properly as the permissions on that share are a bit wonky from what we would normally expect. 

drwxrwx--- 1 nobody users 166 Sep 6 2021 nextcloud/
drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users 48 Jul 6 2021 system/

Nextcloud is working the way I thought it might; I didn't really have SAMBA access to it (never paid attention to it). I only used the nextcloud docker to sync between machines (and probably only ever used the console to look at files there). I didn't have read/ write permissions, so turned it on for my user. But interestingly enough, even once I've done that.... it remains the same as what you saw above. 

drwxrwx---  1 nobody users  184 Sep 21 18:07 nextcloud/
drwxrwxrwx  1 nobody users   48 Jul  6  2021 system/

would you recommend running chown 777 on that directory as well?

1 hour ago, GuyWithAQuestion said:

would you recommend running chown 777 on that directory as well?

(First thing, the command is      chmod 777     When using the command line, one must be so, so careful as the Old Unix commands were all short and cryptic.  This was because they were using mechanical teletype machines to enter them and none of these folks had ever had a typing lesson in their lives!  Those teletype machines were also very noisy and there were no messages and no warnings printed out about potential data loss.  Plus, their printing speed was less than 10cps!!!   When you pushed the <ENTER> key after typing a command, they were silent until the execution finished and a new command prompt was typed out!) 

About those permission on that directory, you said everything appears to be working.   I have no knowledge about NextCloud except what I read on the APPS tab.  You should probably go to the support thread for NextCloud and ask there about those permissions. 

EDIT:  look at the above post and the one below.  Then go to the thread.  The permissions for NextCloud are the same as yours...

Edited by Frank1940
56 minutes ago, Frank1940 said:

Interesting!  Both of these users are using NextCloud.  Makes one a bit suspicious...

Nextcloud actually seemed fine for me, but I have an http autoindex endpoint who's file perms were completely wack, and nextcloud can't even touch those dirs or file (www share vs nextcloud share), so probably not related to nextcloud

Not clear this (/mnt/user perms) is at all related to Unraid update, we have seen this before on other versions but maybe not as often and never any clue how it got that way, and of course lots of people running all these versions without any problem.

3 hours ago, trurl said:

I wonder if this is also the explanation for why some diagnostics show user shares mounted in system/df, but shares folder shows no contents for any share.

Doesn't seem related, another with the no share contents but without the /mnt/user permission problem. Maybe just broken user shares due to filesystem corruption.

From past experience one thing that can mess with permissions is a plugin that has been built with the wrong permissions on files it installs.  When a plugin is installed any permissions in an associated .tgz file that is unpacked can override the standard ones that are set by Unraid.   This can apply to any level of the paths to the files contained within the .tgz file.

12 hours ago, trurl said:

I wonder if this is also the explanation for why some diagnostics show user shares mounted in system/df, but shares folder shows no contents for any share.

11 hours ago, trurl said:

And other users reporting permission issues for their dockers after upgrade. Does New Permissions (or Docker Safe New Perms) fix this?

I'm starting to think the same, worth checking when it happens, the big clue here was that the flash drive share was still accessible, and that's obviously not under /mnt/user, so it reminded of a previous case where the permissions were incorrect, it was with v6.9 though.