Radarr wont start - cache full, but its not?

Go to solution Solved by JonathanM,

Diagnostics attached.  Did a large TV backlog download today and have my TV shows set to go to cache first, leaving ~70GB of space before direct writing to the array.

Today my entire arr suite has been acting up, getting errors in the log from Radarr saying that /config isnt writable and disk is full.   This cannot be though, because Unraid and my settings prevent cache from filling completely.  

any suggestions?  I am sure running the mover will fix it, but I thought keeping the TV/Movie/share minimum free space was to prevent stuff like this & I want to make sure I have things configured correctly to not lock up my server for the next time I do a big backlog action.  

media-server-diagnostics-20220914-1532.zip

Edited by derek_zoolander
10 minutes ago, derek_zoolander said:

Radarr saying that /config isnt writable and disk is full.   This cannot be though, because Unraid and my settings prevent cache from filling completely. 

Minimum free space is implemented by refusing the write and returning drive full message before the drive actually fills up. This all depends on all your specific settings and write destinations. Preventing the file system from filling completely keeps corruption from happening.

If the pool share doesn't have the option to overflow to the array (prefer vs only) the write will fail.

18 minutes ago, JonathanM said:

Minimum free space is implemented by refusing the write and returning drive full message before the drive actually fills up. This all depends on all your specific settings and write destinations. Preventing the file system from filling completely keeps corruption from happening.

If the pool share doesn't have the option to overflow to the array (prefer vs only) the write will fail.

So I am not sure I understand. my appdata + media share settings are attached.  Appdata is set to be able to utilize all space, while my media directories are set to leave 75GB free.  

Second Screenshot is the Pool info.  There's 74GB left.  

How come appdata is not utilizing this space?  Am I missing something?

Screen Shot 2022-09-14 at 4.00.51 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-09-14 at 4.02.37 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-09-14 at 4.04.35 PM.png

16 minutes ago, JonathanM said:

Since appdata is cache pool only instead of cache pool prefer, it can't overflow to the array when it runs up against the pool minimum free space. Click on the pool name "Cache" in your screenshot to see the minimum free space setting.

Ah, I see this now.  Good call!  Stopped Array, set this to 5GB.  Now I am assuming filling TV/Movie shares will cut over to the Array at 75GB and appdata as configured will cut over at 5, once I change to cache pool prefer.  Correct?

Edit: these changes have resolved all errors with appdata being full.  Marked response as solution for any wayward googlers :)

Sep 14 15:32:35 Media-Server  shfs: cache disk full

cache.PNG

On your Cache drive your need to adjust the Minimum Free Space because that monitors the entire drive not shares. Shares are drive level Disk1..Disk2 so on. 

In order to adjust this you need to do the following. 

1. Stop your array

2. Click on your Cache drive

3. Set the minimum

4. Restart array 

I have mine set to 20GB, but I might need to adjust that since I sometimes have files that are sometimes a little larger, but luckily I haven't had any issues since my Mover normally catches it before its to late. 

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, kizer said:

Sep 14 15:32:35 Media-Server  shfs: cache disk full

cache.PNG

On your Cache drive your need to adjust the Minimum Free Space because that monitors the entire drive not shares. Shares are drive level Disk1..Disk2 so on. 

In order to adjust this you need to do the following. 

1. Stop your array

2. Click on your Cache drive

3. Set the minimum

4. Restart array 

I have mine set to 20GB, but I might need to adjust that since I sometimes have files that are sometimes a little larger, but luckily I haven't had any issues since my Mover normally catches it before its to late. 

yes, this was it.   Fixed it right up.

44 minutes ago, kizer said:

When your Cache gets full it can cause a world of trouble as you know. ;)

unraid gives us so many configuration options, but sometimes the most obvious gets over looked. 

Glad you good to go. 

Yep, when I first configured unraid, I think I set it in both places then forgot you can set it at the physical disk 🤦‍♂️