Does this simple case just not exist?

JP

1 hour ago, JP said:

@Hoopster - Can you expand on the mods that you specifically did?  Was it exactly what this post reflected or did you possibly do something different?  Still can't believe I might spend $225 on a case that has cooling issues, but I guess that's where I'm at. :)

I basically did what the post I linked suggested.  I applied duct tape where indicated, drilled some holes in the plastic insert in one of the drive bays, and added a 120mm fan to the bottom of the case.  My biggest problem was identifying and replacing a noisy fan.

I would not say the cooling was horrible before the mods but it is much better after them.  My drive temps fluctuate between low 30s (two are active and at 31C right now) with little activity to low to mid 40s in a parity check.  

My server sits inside a cabinet with a ventilated door and one side ventilated.  It can get a little warm in the cabinet so I also have a small desktop fan inside the cabinet to evacuate warm air coming out of the server.

It is important to note with this case that leaving a side panel off does not decrease temps.  The fans on the drive bays push air through the drives and then that air flows back over the motherboard and CPU.  With the right side panel off, your MB and CPU temps will climb a bit.

Yes, this is a tower case but I like that it is a relatively short tower compared to many other tower options.

Edited by Hoopster