Go to solution Solved by Anubclaw,

Dear Support, on my z1nas unraid server I get the following display:

Version: 6.10.3 

Betriebszeit 2 Tage 21 Stunden 39 Minuten

Unraid OS Basic

Media server•z1nas

Anubclaw 

Docker Container

ANWENDUNGVERSIONNETZWERKPORT ZUORDNUNGEN (APP ZU HOST)VOLUMENZUORDNUNGEN (APP ZU HOST)PROZESSOR/SPEICHER AUSLASTUNGAUTOSTARTBETRIEBSZEIT

(verwaistes Abbild)
GestopptAbbild ID: 8daed943dbb5
binhex/arch-plexpass:latestErstellt 1 day ago

I can deinstall the container 

but it seems if there is an update then 1 day later it returns to the same display with stopped and old image ....

update docker container does not help.

I will add diagnostic data as well

Thank you for the unrelated answer, the issue is not affecting a specific container but all docker containers. I install the apps/docker apps, they run usually but once there is an update it seems to become orphaned after a day Or two the docker stops and shows the message that the image is orphaned and is stopped. 

Edited by Anubclaw
Add more detail on the issue

Yes all containers worked flawless before , it started happening a few days ago . I thought this was strange and deleted the docker apps and reinstalled one (binhex Plex) which did also work but a day ago or so there was an update and as I checked today docker said again that the images are orphaned. I thought it was better to post this as it seems kind of an odd issue. I have a second unraid server with almost identical hardware that does not show this behavior 

Where are you updating them from?  The docker tab?  Apps Tab?  or via the Auto Update plugin?

Also, the system share is set to be use cache: Yes.  This moves everything from the cache drive to the array.  Not a problem in and by itself, but the docker.img is now sitting on the array with a massive performance hit because of that.  99% of the time you want the system share to remain on the cache drive.  (Set the share to be use cache: prefer.  Stop the VM and docker services from Settings, and then run mover)

It might also be worthwhile to see if not using the File Integrity plugin fixes up your problems, since it does modify metadata (on the docker.img) since that's pretty much guaranteed to always change at any random point in time.

• Solution

I have set the system share now to cache preferred. stopped and started the docker and VM Engine (docker was unable to start until I stopped and started the array) then removed the Plex binhex docker and reinstalled that one. if there a way to exclude the docker-img from the file integrity plugin ?