[SOLVED] Moved unraid install to new hardware, some issues

je82

Hi,

Moved my unraid installation to new hardware, i have the following problems:

1. Cannot ssh to the server, do i have to delete some keys to have them regenerated based new hardware? If so, where do i do this?

Sep 17 14:03:23 NAS sshd[11266]: Connection from 1.1.1.4 port 51163 on 1.1.1.7 port 22 rdomain ""
Sep 17 14:03:23 NAS sshd[11266]: Unable to negotiate with 1.1.1.4 port 51163: no matching host key type found. Their offer: ssh-rsa,ssh-dss [preauth]

2. Some error in the boot regarding removing an nvidia plugins folder, not sure if i need to bother with this but i've included the message in the picture below.

image.png.fdd77b71651b1582420bf7220f9df97c.png

Everything else so far seems to work good!

Edited by je82

So im no expert on ssh but since i have saved my fingerprints to my server and now it is on new hardware , i guess this may be the issue?

debug1: expecting SSH2_MSG_KEX_ECDH_REPLY
debug1: Server host key: ecdsa-sha2-nistp256 SHA256:S1eYR8vNuWzKNzhiEdnUIuVcUY17+DEif/QCZA/jcDs
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
@    WARNING: REMOTE HOST IDENTIFICATION HAS CHANGED!     @
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
IT IS POSSIBLE THAT SOMEONE IS DOING SOMETHING NASTY!
Someone could be eavesdropping on you right now (man-in-the-middle attack)!
It is also possible that a host key has just been changed.

doing ssh -vv 1.1.1.7 generates a message like this, question is how to do clear the local cache to re-establish a new session and forget the old stuff?

Or am i totally in the wrong here barking up the wrong tree?

• je82 changed the title to [SOLVED] Moved unraid install to new hardware, some issues
1 hour ago, je82 said:

I know this, but i like to use it for my LAN, ive been doing it for 7+ years, its not a problem, i dont use cloudflares dns services anyway.

https://networkengineering.stackexchange.com/questions/58866/ip-addresses-from-public-ip-block-in-my-lan

Even if you don't directly use cloudflare resources, it will likely cause strange issues when you try to access other resources on the internet that DO use cloudflare.

Any support issue is going to be obscured by your nonstandard use of IP, and it's going to make it more frustrating for anyone attempting to help you troubleshoot.

I'm not telling you that you must change, just letting you know how it's effecting you.