One disk & parity spinning up randomly

robti
Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

Hi I have a new set up with 4 x 4Tb disks one being parity, one has just files on it and the other two for media, although only one disk has anything on it. I have a cache ssd set up and two apps installed plex and home assistant. Now I have noticed if I log in to the ui at random times that I see the parity and disk one have spun up with the others still down, I have power down set to 15 minutes and anything scheduled to run on Sunday. If I go into disk logs all I see are disk spinning down then up for smart, but I could be mixed up, can anyone see anything in the logs or tell me that this is normal ?

Thanks

broxi-diagnostics-20220919-1147.zip

Edited by robti
Spelling

Thanks, i must be listening and taking some things in as this is what i tried after my last post, so my docker moved of disk onto cache but i am left with libvirt.img file @ 1.07Gb  don't know why i have this. Can i delete or move this folder to cache ?

Thanks

Edited by robti
4 hours ago, itimpi said:

That suggests you forgot to disable the VM service before running mover.   Mover will not move open files, and the libvirt.img file would be kept open by the VM service if it is running.

Sorry stopped the docker and vm (although nothing in that ) and tried mover a few times but it wouldn’t move, also tried it after a reboot with the same result, I just wondered if it was something I had done when playing around before I did a new setup with my back up files added to the usb