Cache pool Unmountable

Misha404
Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

Hello!

I ran into some issues with my unraid install (6.9.2) and would really appreciate some help.

The issues (unraid unreachable every other day and needing a reboot) started about 2 months ago when I installed the unifi-controller and adguard docker containers and setting custom IP-s. I recently found out the the issue is fixed in 6.10 with the docker custom network type set to IPVLAN.

After disabling those until I find the time to upgrade I thought my troubles ware at an end. Sadly not.
After about 2 weeks with no issues, suddenly I found that my drives ware reachable but not the docker containers.
Rebooting unraid usually solved this issue, but after a while not even that helped, the containers would become unreachable as soon as the array was started.

Following the Fix common problems suggestions, I found that the issue was that the cache drive (cache_ssd) was in read only mode due to: BTRFS: error (device sdb1) in btrfs_finish_ordered_io:2736: errno=-5 IO failure

So.. I tried following the unraid wiki about checking the file system and I must have done something wrong, as now the cache_ssd is unmountable.

Following this post I managed to mount the drive to a temp folder and am currently copying all the files from it.

I do have a backup of the appdata folder from the 10th, but it excludes the plex docker (pretty sure it's on the other cache drive but not 100% sure and can't check the docker tab currently).

Is there anything I can do besides recreating the cache drive?
Are there any changes I should do to prevent or minimize the chances of this happening again?

I do still have access to the content of the array but am unsure if I should stop using it altogether whilst fixing this issue.

Any help would be very much appreciated 

pantheon-diagnostics-20220919-1944.zip