[SOLVED] Think i broke my unraid, i bought a new ssd to have as a cache pool for my Appdata folder, i named this pool "Appdata"

je82
Go to solution Solved by je82,

Pretty much think i broke my unraid, named my Appdata new cache pool to Appdata and set folder Appdata to "Prefer" on cache pool appdata, now it looks like i cannot shutdown the array, when i click whats on the new cache disk it looks like core unraid linux files are being written to the root of the disk. What do i do?

image.thumb.png.1c8a5945f181daea6b181a3b9cd26c7b.pngimage.thumb.png.909bc8ceb88ceb743dcff23f8de72e45.png

image.thumb.png.5c228eac5371091c9ce226d02326fa81.png

Edited by je82

nvm it looks like the shares are displaying these linux core files, not just the new cache pool, but when i look in /mnt/ its only cache that is mounted.

the array cannot be stopped though, trying to avoid a parity check here, how can i shut down the array? it just keeps saying cache is busy

• Solution

had to "umount -l /dev/loop2" to get the array shut down...

not sure what happened here, maybe it has nothing to do with the Appdata cache name and maybe more to do with me having some dockers on auto run and shutting down the array before all the autoruns have been processed making the docker process lock up?

Edited by je82
  • je82 changed the title to [SOLVED] Think i broke my unraid, i bought a new ssd to have as a cache pool for my Appdata folder, i named this pool "Appdata"