what does a structure look like mounting an array drive on ubuntu?

droopie

this is a stupid question and i am too afraid to try it for myself but i am wondering if each drive has the share directory on the root? for example, if i take out disk 4 and mount in in ubuntu, would i see the exact same shares as i do when browsing using the webgui at http://tower/Main/Browse?dir=/mnt/disk4 ? just asking because i might need data recovery done on a couple of drives. it looks like all my shares are in the root of the drives so i can tell them to recover /pictures and /videos. 

5 hours ago, trurl said:

Can you tell us more about that?

i had 8 disks and 2 parity disks but when i had this setup, 1 sometimes 2 disks would get disabled and thought it was a power supply issue. i left the 8 disks alone and removed parity 2 and didnt have any issues after. once i had 2 more drives, i know i couldnt add them without putting in a new psu. i build a new gaming pc a couple of years ago so i had my older bigger psu sitting there and thought id put it in unraid. 1 of the last modular cables didnt belong so it fried the last 2 drives. i sent in the drive to donor drives for a pcb swap for $90 but they said both had too many issues. that 1 was clicking which is weird because they was working fine as in no sector errors or anything like that. the total to repair both drives is about $2200 lol. no idea what is in the drives. my unraid consists mainly on movies but no idea if a few docs or personal pics or videos uploaded from my phone are on them. tbh i dont even know how they got its clicking because the drives dont even power up. i dont know if they swapped the pcb and tested it then swapped it back either. only paid $12 to ship them back.