12700k Gaming VM, Storage, Backup, Cloud new/used build

JDTechSupport

I recently learned that my unlimited Google Drive storage space will be cut off at some point in the near future so in looking for a more homebrew controlled solution I stumbled upon UnRaid.  Then my eyes were opened to the possiblities.  I work in tech but mostly AV/ end user stuff and not VM or server things.

I will start with what I am looking to consolidate/replace.

I have a synology 420+ with 2*8TB and 2*6TB Seagate Ironwolfs.  That is primarily used for backing up photos, music, and personal computers.

That space is very underutilized at the moment.

I also have a headless plex/htpc that has a Ryzen 3 2200G, 500GB 970 Evo Plus M.2 SSD, 5TB 2.5" drive for Plex.

Then there is my gaming PC which is a Ryzen 5600x, 1660 Super, 1TB WD 840 M.2 SSD.

My goal is to consolidate all these functions into a single unit that also has some level of data redundancy.  Keeping my data local, backed up, and accessible is also a priority.

So my plan right now is the below

Sliger CX4200i - 4U case https://www.sliger.com/products/rackmount/4u/cx4200i/

i7-12700k (not overclocked, K for resale value I guess)

MSI PRO Z690-A WIFI DDR4 ATX LGA1700 Motherboard  (4*m.2 slots and 6*sata ports / 3*Pcie 16x and 1*Pcie 1x)

Memory I'm not sure about, but I have 32GB of Team Dark Pro 3200 CL14 (XMP profile okay with Unraid?  I haven't gotten to research that yet)

2TB WD SN850, 1TB SN840, 500GB 970 EVO

2*8TB and 2*6TB 3.5" Seagate Ironwolf drives.  I also have some old Sata 500GB Samssung SSDs that may be useful for cache. 

GPU I'm looking to upgrade to something in the 3060ti range or above.  I don't do a lot of transcoding and can wait till the 12th gen is more fully supported.

PSU I'm not 100% on but I have some 750w platinum units laying around.

I will have to get a little creative on the 3.5" drive mounting.  Case has a 5.25" so there is probably something out there for that.

Reading the other posts it looks like I will also need a PCIe USB hub to use on the VM for gaming (headset/controller are usb).  I looked quickly on amazon and they all seem like generic branded ones.  Is there a model that is recommended?

Does all of this seem reasonable?  Expansion is not of huge concern.  I woulds say compatibility/functionality is more my goal.

Thanks for any/all help.