Drives stay spun up - Reads & writes occurring from unknown source

thingie2
Go to solution Solved by itimpi,

Hi All,

I've been having this issue for a couple of weeks now. My drives (usually all of them, but occasionally it's just 1+parity) won't spin down (or spin back up again if I force a spin down).

I have tried disabling Docker & VMs, still happens.

I have tried using the File Activity & Active streams plugins, but these show nothing is happening.

tower-diagnostics-20220922-1809.zip

I'm at a loss as to how to try and find the source of these reads & writes, so my drives can spin down when (as far as I'm aware), nothing should be happening!

I've attached a diagnostics, hopefully that'll say something. If anyone can point me at anything else to check/any further information to give to help solve this, please let me know.

thanks in advance.

I shouldn't have had either on the array, as they were both set to prefer cache & they always used to be on the cache only, but I've just checked & docker.img was on disk 5 for some reason.

I didn't even think to check the location, as I was still getting it with docker turned off, but maybe Unraid does stuff with docker.img for upto a min or so after docker has actually been turned off (I didn't leave it off long, as when I still saw the RW happening, I decided it must not be that & turned it back on!)

I've moved it back to the cache drive where it should have been & will leave it be for a few hours/over night & confirm it's fixed it.