Unraid OS version 6.11.0 available

limetech

1 minute ago, wgstarks said:

Is there a command to view installed pkgs?

for what you were installing with nerdpack, look for what you had set to yes in it's cfg (even if nerdpack is disabled):

grep yes /boot/config/plugins/NerdPack/NerdPack.cfg

for what is installed currently in unraid:

ls -lah /var/lib/pkgtools/packages/

• Thanks 2

Upgraded from 6.10.3 to 6.11 without issues. Also, I thought I was going to need to reinstall some packets but everything seems to be working fine out of the box (at least my usual containers). Great job Limetech!

PS: I notice in the latest releases (including this one) having to remove plugins simply because Unraid is coming with these things already, which is a big plus! Again, great job team!

Edited by JustOverride
typo.
  • Like 3
2 hours ago, zoggy said:

for what you were installing with nerdpack, look for what you had set to yes in it's cfg (even if nerdpack is disabled):

grep yes /boot/config/plugins/NerdPack/NerdPack.cfg

for what is installed currently in unraid:

ls -lah /var/lib/pkgtools/packages/

Another way is to open the flash drive in Windows Explorer and go  to the   /config/plugins/NerdPack   folder/directory.  Now open the NerdPack.cfg  file with a text editor (Notepad will work) and search/find    "yes"     for the packages that you have selected to be installed. 

Well, my devices that use SMB 1.0 are no longer able to connect.  I'm currently setup like this which had been working:

#unassigned_devices_start
#Unassigned devices share includes
   include = /tmp/unassigned.devices/smb-settings.conf
#unassigned_devices_end
#domain master = yes
#preferred master = yes
#os level = 255
server min protocol = NT1

Any help getting it back up would be great.

Also, I have NetBIOS is enabled.  I never disabled WSD before, but tried that with no change.

1.thumb.png.afbcb2a355f830ba2cfc6589dabbe7f7.png

Reverted back to 6.10.3 and all works fine again.

craigr

Thanks,

craigr

Edited by craigr

Updated without issue. All seems to be working well, though I am seeing something I've never observed before. About every 20 seconds, one of my CPU cores (core 6 per the dashboard) maxes out for a bit. I was monitoring htop, sorting by CPU activity, but I can't seem to find a correlation. Anyone have a suggestion for how I can try to find out what is causing this intermittent core activity?

43 minutes ago, kaiguy said:

Updated without issue. All seems to be working well, though I am seeing something I've never observed before. About every 20 seconds, one of my CPU cores (core 6 per the dashboard) maxes out for a bit. I was monitoring htop, sorting by CPU activity, but I can't seem to find a correlation. Anyone have a suggestion for how I can try to find out what is causing this intermittent core activity?

Might not be related, but, do you perhaps have Sonarr installed? I had the issue on my server for a very long time where the Sonarr container would spike one core at a time as long as it was started. It stopped after the last update though.

5 hours ago, craigr said:

Well, my devices that use SMB 1.0 are no longer able to connect.  I'm currently setup like this which had been working:

2 hours ago, JorgeB said:

From the release notes:

SMB: remove NTLMv1 support since removed from Linux kernel

@craigr,  you might want to consider using NFS but I am not sure if devices that old have a version of NFS that still works  today (due to security issues) but it would be worth a try. 

I can feel your pain.   I had three Netgear NTV-550 media players (only support SMBv1) that I retired earlier this year. (The removal of SMBv1 was an forgone given...)  I went with mini/micro PC's running KODI.   The prices for these boxes that will work start at about $150US.  I added to that a mini wireless keyboard (~$22US) to use as a remote.  

Why are you using the "server min protocol = NT1" in smb-extras.conf limiting SMB to a very old protocol?  Unraid will connect with SMB1 with NetBIOS enabled.  If your device wants to connect and use the ntlmv1 protocol if will fail because the ntlmv1 protocol has been removed from the Linux kernel.  If your device insists on the ntlmv1 protocol, you'll have no choice but to find an alternative.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
9 hours ago, craigr said:

Any help getting it back up would be great.

Also, I have NetBIOS is enabled.  I never disabled WSD before, but tried that with no change.

This is my SMB-Setting:

#unassigned_devices_start
#Unassigned devices share includes
   include = /tmp/unassigned.devices/smb-settings.conf
#unassigned_devices_end
min protocol = SMB2

19 minutes ago, JorgeB said:

Anyone having SMB performance issues with Unraid, especially with user shares should update to v6.11.0, as mentioned in the release notes it includes Samba 4.17, and from the Samba release notes:

My printer (Brother MFC-L2750DW) wouldn't scan to network folder in 6.10 and now it works.

2 hours ago, dlandon said:

Why are you using the "server min protocol = NT1" in smb-extras.conf limiting SMB to a very old protocol?  Unraid will connect with SMB1 with NetBIOS enabled.  If your device wants to connect and use the ntlmv1 protocol if will fail because the ntlmv1 protocol has been removed from the Linux kernel.  If your device insists on the ntlmv1 protocol, you'll have no choice but to find an alternative.

limetech himself had me set it there the first time unRAID stopped working with SMB 1.0.

FWIW I noticed it on my DUNE players, but my (well everyone's) OPPO 203 and 205 players are on SMB 1.0 as well.  There may be heavy pushback from the group that primarily uses them.  I'm not thrilled either as I use these for ISO playback of audio and some video discs.  Not sure you can do anything if Linux has dropped support though.

craigr

4 hours ago, Frank1940 said:

@craigr,  you might want to consider using NFS but I am not sure if devices that old have a version of NFS that still works  today (due to security issues) but it would be worth a try. 

I can feel your pain.   I had three Netgear NTV-550 media players (only support SMBv1) that I retired earlier this year. (The removal of SMBv1 was an forgone given...)  I went with mini/micro PC's running KODI.   The prices for these boxes that will work start at about $150US.  I added to that a mini wireless keyboard (~$22US) to use as a remote.  

Thanks.  Yeah, the primary playback in the theater and living room for some time has been Nvidia Shield running Kodi.  I switched for UHD playback way back when.  Kodi is great in the theater because there is also 2.40 skins available and I have a 2.40 screen.

Bedroom has just hung back with a DUNE player though, and when I went to watch my bedtime stories 😇 it couldn't find the server.  Had to get out of bed and try to figure it out.

craigr

23 hours ago, Dephcon said:

is the tone mapping an issue with the driver included in unraid or software issue with plex?  i just started getting 4k/HDR content to find out my 7th gen doesn't support tone mapping at all and need a replacement =\

It is a Plex bug that had been around for a while now. Specifically, intel iGPUs don't work with HW tone mapping. Works with nvidia cards and using the CPU for transcoding, but just not the intel iGPUs (any generation). There is one particular version from a few months ago that you can roll back too and get it to work. They talk about it a lot on the Plex Subreddit.

1 hour ago, craigr said:

I'm not thrilled either as I use these for ISO playback of audio and some video discs.  Not sure you can do anything if Linux has dropped support though.

Support for SMBv1 is still in unraid.  What is not there is the ntlmv1 protocol as it has been removed from Linux.  It would have been better if it was left in Linux and disabled as the default so it could be enabled as necessary, but LT has no coltrol over that.

If a legacy device insists on ntlmv1, it won't be able to connect to Unraid, if it doesn't, it should still connect.

• Thanks 2
1 hour ago, Hoopster said:

Plugged in monitor does not help.  Cannot blacklist iGPU and AST (IPMI) drivers as they are actively used.  Others have reported this makes no difference anyway.

This is strange because it looks like only some users are seeing this, the 3 servers I've updated so far all have an AST GPU for IPMI, no monitor connected, and I don't see that error, maybe there's a way to suppress the error to avoid spamming the log, error itself looks mostly harmless.