Unraid OS version 6.11.0 available

limetech

Sure glad I decided to read this thread before upgrading, Nearpack being removed = Me not upgrading until a replacement is found. I need several of the tools in it and the last time I tried to manually install something I had to wipe everything and start over.

Any idea when a replacement would be found or is 6.10 the end of the road for me?

1 minute ago, TexasUnraid said:

Sure glad I decided to read this thread before upgrading, Nearpack being removed = Me not upgrading until a replacement is found. I need several of the tools in it and the last time I tried to manually install something I had to wipe everything and start over.

Any idea when a replacement would be found or is 6.10 the end of the road for me?

There is currently no one willing to update and maintain nerd pack so impossible to predict if/when that will change but as has been discussed, you can download and install the packages yourself.

28 minutes ago, wgstarks said:

There is currently no one willing to update and maintain nerd pack so impossible to predict if/when that will change but as has been discussed, you can download and install the packages yourself.

I will be honest, I don't care if they are updated, I just want to be able to use/install what is already there, they work as is.

Last time I tried installing a package myself I screwed the entire unraid install and had to wipe it. Maybe something has changed but it was NOT simple when I last tried it and needed scripts and all sorts of hoops jumped through in addition to finding a compatible version of the program you wanted to install.

Edited by TexasUnraid
  • Haha 1
7 minutes ago, TexasUnraid said:

Frankly I don't care if they are updated, I just want to be able to use/install what is already there, they work as is.

You can still download and install those packages from the nerd pack GitHub page. If you check the nerd pack support thread there is a link and some discussion of this.

No one is maintaining those packages though so probably none have been tested with 6.11 although several people have reported success with the packages they are using. There is also some discussion of other sources for packages that are compatible with 6.11.

1 hour ago, dlandon said:

Support for SMBv1 is still in unraid.  What is not there is the ntlmv1 protocol as it has been removed from Linux.  It would have been better if it was left in Linux and disabled as the default so it could be enabled as necessary, but LT has no coltrol over that.

If a legacy device insists on ntlmv1, it won't be able to connect to Unraid, if it doesn't, it should still connect.

Wait what!  How may I enable SMBv1 than?  Could you please explain?

I tried 

server min protocol = SMB1

but than I couldn't see my shares on anything including PC's and my Windows VM.

Well my Secondry ethernet port on my Motherboard has disappeared with this update.

My realtek rtl8125 2.5gb socket doesn't show in usage or in network settings.

The Hardware profile section finds it but looks like Unraid is unable to assign any drivers or configuration to it.

Don't know if this was made aware during RC versions so figured i'd message here.

29 minutes ago, TexasUnraid said:

Frankly I don't care if they are updated, I just want to be able to use/install what is already there, they work as is.

Some packages may be fine as is; others may not.  The issue is keeping the packages updated to work with the current version of Slackware (now 15 in unRAID) whatever that happens to be in a particular unRAID version.  In the future, something that works now may not work with a new Linux kernel in Slackware.

You do not have to modify the kernel or do anything fancy so it is hard to mess up.  Just place the desire .txz packages in /boot/extra on the flash drive and they load when unRAID is booted.

Edited by Hoopster
4 minutes ago, Hoopster said:

Go to Settings --> SMB in the GUI and set Enable NetBIOS to Yes

image.png.2d54f7ab563d15b03c6f3ba00cc0bb13.png

All right, I guess I am hosed than.  I'll have to drop the DUNE's.

What about "server min protocol = LANMAN1" ?

Or would it possibly work if my DUNE's support SMB1 to simply remove the "server min protocol = NT1" line?

Thanks again,

Edited by craigr
10 minutes ago, Hoopster said:

Some packages may be fine as is; others may not.  The issue is keeping the packages updated to work with the current version of Slackware (now 15 in unRAID) whatever that happens to be in a particular unRAID version.  In the future, something that works now may not work with a new Linux kernel in Slackware.

You do not have to modify the kernel or do anything fancy so it is hard to mess up.  Just place the desire .txz packages in /boot/extra on the flash drive and they load when unRAID is booted.

Ok, that is WAY easier then the last time I tried it then.

Course there is still the issue of finding compatible packages, finding them for slackware is darn near impossible last I tried.

2 minutes ago, trurl said:

Says driver is loaded. Are you sure you don't have a hardware (cable, port, etc.) problem?

No Hardware problem..

I can downgrade to 6.10.3 and it works fine..

Upgrade to 6.11 and its broken. Its a software element 100% as this is normally my direct connection used to transfer files to my array so im very aware of its status.

4 minutes ago, trurl said:

Says driver is loaded. Are you sure you don't have a hardware (cable, port, etc.) problem?

Equally the way unraid reports this shows a difference:

00:1f.6 Ethernet controller [0200]: Intel Corporation Ethernet Connection (11) I219-V [8086:0d4d]
    DeviceName: Onboard - Ethernet
    Subsystem: Micro-Star International Co., Ltd. [MSI] Ethernet Connection (11) I219-V [1462:7c81]
    Kernel driver in use: e1000e
    Kernel modules: e1000e

I've highlighted a line in the working ethernet port here that is missing from the none working port

03:00.0 Ethernet controller [0200]: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8125 2.5GbE Controller [10ec:8125] (rev 04)
    Subsystem: Micro-Star International Co., Ltd. [MSI] RTL8125 2.5GbE Controller [1462:7c81]
    Kernel modules: r8169

Infact the Kernel module is referencing the wrong varible i believe (r8169) and it doesn't state a Kernel Driver in use..

So its very much unraid

7 minutes ago, Joeh said:

Equally the way unraid reports this shows a difference:

00:1f.6 Ethernet controller [0200]: Intel Corporation Ethernet Connection (11) I219-V [8086:0d4d]
    DeviceName: Onboard - Ethernet
    Subsystem: Micro-Star International Co., Ltd. [MSI] Ethernet Connection (11) I219-V [1462:7c81]
    Kernel driver in use: e1000e
    Kernel modules: e1000e

I've highlighted a line in the working ethernet port here that is missing from the none working port

03:00.0 Ethernet controller [0200]: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8125 2.5GbE Controller [10ec:8125] (rev 04)
    Subsystem: Micro-Star International Co., Ltd. [MSI] RTL8125 2.5GbE Controller [1462:7c81]
    Kernel modules: r8169

Infact the Kernel module is referencing the wrong varible i believe (r8169) and it doesn't state a Kernel Driver in use..

So its very much unraid

Have a look at this thread 

11 minutes ago, SimonF said:

Have a look at this thread 

I gave that a shot and it made no difference.

It doesn't appear in my network settings as a usable port.

Equally the unraid is not assigning any drivers to the device so i can't blacklist the wrong ones if there isn't one assigned.

Edited by Joeh
More detail added.
2 hours ago, JorgeB said:

maybe there's a way to suppress the error to avoid spamming the log, error itself looks mostly harmless.

Yep, looks harmless.  Hopefully it can be suppressed if not eliminated in a future unRAID release.  For now, I have rolled back to 6.10.3 on the always-on server. 

For testing purposes, I have left the backup server on 6.11.0 as it is powered on/off by script for various backups and doesn't spend much time powered on.  No danger of the log filling up there.

Edited by Hoopster

With all discussion of SMB, it might be useful to provide one tool to have a look at what parameters are actually being used by the Unraid SMB server.  You can find these listed by typing the following command:

testparm

The following is a screen capture of the result of the gobal section:

image.thumb.png.b7a8d439b8802d99b532e4d76c2a63bc.png

Following this section are the results of all of your shares. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1