Unraid OS version 6.11.0 available

limetech

I upgraded last night. I can no longer log in remotely. Going to my server address results in "this site can't be reached". This is my own fault but it is running on older hardware that uses an old VGA for video which is now lost so I can't physically see what is going on either. Not sure what to do other than find an old cable or monitor now. If I pull the USB key and put it into another computer and boot there (where I have a modern monitor) to troubleshoot plugins and settings would that work? Or does it need to see the correct drives to work properly and lose I lose everything?

21 hours ago, yakuzah said:

Any way to get Plex back with existing configuration please, and any idea on Nvidia update if that is ok to ask here please?

Go to your Docker tab in Unraid, scroll down to the bottom, click on Add Container, from the drop down select your Plex container below the section [User Templates], check if everything is filled in correctly and click Apply.

This should bring back your container, of course make sure that you first install the Nvidia driver and restart the Docker service once or your entire server after installing the Nvidia driver.

Upgraded from 6.10.3 to 6.11.0 - no issues for me (USB backup taken beforehand - just in case).

Nice to see the VM Boot Order option added - I have a small number of autostart VMs and have now configured the boot order sequence on these.

Lime Technology - keep up the great work!!!

On 9/23/2022 at 7:53 PM, Hoopster said:

Updated two servers to 6.11.0 without incident.  One from 6.11.0-rc5 and another from 6.10.3.

I was aware the Nerd Pack was deprecated for 6.11.0 and placed the necessary packages in /boot/extra before upgrading and rebooting.   I am not sure that everyone is aware the Nerd Pack has been deprecated and how to load the necessary packages.  It might be wise to include this in the release notes (as if everyone reads those 😀).

I didn't know. Now what? How do i get this back to working? :S

21 minutes ago, Tuumke said:

I didn't know. Now what? How do i get this back to working? :S

Manually installing the pkgs you need is a fairly easy process described in the pinned post at the top of the nerdpack support thread. Your other option would be to revert to the previous version of unRAID OS. If there are pkgs that you can’t find post in that thread. There has been some discussion there regarding where to download pkgs.

• Like 1

Upgrade to 6.11.0 worked well for me, though I learned after upgrading via FixCommonProblems that nerdpack isn't supported anymore.. rather unfortunate to have this discovery after the fact.  I reviewed the release notes before upgrading and there was no mention of this.  🤔

I was luckily only using nerdpack for fan speed monitoring and screen on the terminal.  I see now that the fan monitoring is still working ok, but screen is gone... so I probably won't bother to install screen since I didn't use it very much anyway.  But it would be much appreciated to have advance notice of this for future Unraid releases.

Otherwise, smooth upgrade; thanks Limetech!  I know there are a lot of moving parts for these releases so understand stuff like this can happen.  😻

If I decide to try to install screen, I saw this post shows how to install packages that nerdpack helped install before and may try it out:

11 minutes ago, tropical b said:

If I decide to try to install screen, I saw this post shows how to install packages that nerdpack helped install before and may try it out:

There is a post somewhere in the last 3 or 4 pages of this thread that has a link to the screen pkg so that you can d/l it. A search for screen should show it.

Tmux is an alternative to screen and is already included in unRAID. I’ll probably just start using it. I never used screen enough to remember any of the commands anyway so whichever I use I’ll have to read the help first.😁

• Upvote 1
20 minutes ago, wgstarks said:

There is a post somewhere in the last 3 or 4 pages of this thread that has a link to the screen pkg so that you can d/l it. A search for screen should show it.

Tmux is an alternative to screen and is already included in unRAID. I’ll probably just start using it. I never used screen enough to remember any of the commands anyway so whichever I use I’ll have to read the help first.😁

Thanks @wgstarks.  I think I found it (link below), and maybe I will try installing screen at some point.  I haven't used it for a few months so am not sure it is worth the effort do manually.  I do think that link will be handy to bookmark for future reference, in case I would like to try to install a slackware package that is not natively installed or unavailable via Community Applications.

Appreciate the note about tmux.  I had no idea what this was; never heard of it.  Tried it out after reviewing the below reference and I think this will be what I use in the future, if I ever need to use multiple windows in a command line session.  I have used screen for years so tmux is a bit different, but it seems more powerful as well.  I will just need to keep the cheat sheet handy (provided in the very helpful link below).  Thanks again!!

https://linuxhandbook.com/tmux/

• Like 2

Hi,

Decided to upgrade a 6.9.2 server to 6.11.0. Ran "Update Assistant" before and removed Nerdpack. "Update Assistant" said 'good to go'.

After the update (running 6.11.0) disk 1 was disabled (Unmountable: Wrong or no file system).  This seemed to be the only problem (did not search further).

I downgraded to 6.9.2, and disk 1 worked again (disk was mounted). Took a diagnostics.

Upgraded to 6.11.0 again, and disk 1 was again disabled. Took again a diagnostics.

How do I best solve this?

Is there a XFS filesystem error that 6.9.2 can handle and 6.11.0 not.

Would a rebuild get rid of that XFS filesystem error (or whatever the problem is)?

I don't have a spare drive, could buy one, but prefer not to if not needed.

PS: Posted this also in the "General Support" forum, including the 2 diagnostic files. I post here just to let others know if they have a similar problem.

5 hours ago, JorgeB said:

Most likely explanation is that the newer kernel is detecting corruption that went undetected with the older one.

Now that's troubling :) Should we all expect this when upgrading from 6.9.2 to 6.11.0?  And is there a way to clean / clear the corruption before upgrading?  What will the path forward be? 

Should we all expect this when upgrading from 6.9.2 to 6.11.0?
There's a single report from one user affecting a single disk, I guess you're a glass is half empty kind of guy

Also if there really is previously undetected filesystem corruption you want it to be detected so it can be fixed, the other IMHO less likely option is that xfs is detecting false corruption, time will tell, in any case it's not an Unraid issue.

• Like 2
59 minutes ago, JorgeB said:

There's a single report from one user affecting a single disk, I guess you're a glass is half empty kind of guy emoji4.png

LOL the question was not about me but thanks for taking the time stereotyping me :) 

I am a zero tolerance kind of guy and given the data I have I won't tolerate any mistakes, if I can avoid them, so my question was pretty fair I think, half or not of a glass :)   The answer should be, nothing is safe, lots of moving parts, here is how you can clean you filesystem, just in case, make sure you have backups, and if shite happens we will investigate and improve and let you know :) 

Edited by johnwhicker
  • Like 1