Upgrade TO 6.11 endless reboots

Hitman
Go to solution Solved by Hitman,

So being new with UnRAID I thought that the backups went to the cloud and indeed they do not. I upgraded for 6.10.3 to 6.11.0, and now I am in a endless reboot. I get to `Loading /bzroot...` and then the machine reboots.

image.png.1d9430d0809ba9eb5e31fe180414d7ea.png

I did not have any plugins or config other than a single share, but I wanted to see what else i could try before wiping starting over. Starting over, so i just pull the USB stick and reinstall it from a Windows machine?

19 hours ago, Hitman said:

(it's a VM)

Running Unraid as a VM is not supported. It's not forbidden, and there is a section on the forum for people running it as a VM so they can compare notes and help each other, but if you have an issue that you need support on you will need to boot bare metal and reproduce the issue so as to prove it's not caused by some setting in your hypervisor.

21 hours ago, Hitman said:

Weirdly, I shutdown added more RAM (it's a VM) and it powered on. 3GB->4GB.

It is probably worth mentioning that 4GB is now the minimum recommended RAM for running Unraid without issues.   The RAM needed for all functionality to work reliably has been creeping up as more function is added so when loaded into RAM at boot more space is used by the OS.