Does the new version 6.11.0 fix the 6.10.3 vm usb passthrough problem

DGB

Hi,

Upgrading from 6.9.2 to 6.10.3 stopped the usb pass-through to my W10 VM working, it was still selected in the settings.

I rolled back to 6.9.2 and everything seams to be working again.

I like to keep up to date but don't want to loose the use of the usb in my VM.

Anybody know if it works in v6.11.0

Please advise

Cheers

DGB

1 minute ago, DGB said:

Hi,

Upgrading from 6.9.2 to 6.10.3 stopped the usb pass-through to my W10 VM working, it was still selected in the settings.

I rolled back to 6.9.2 and everything seams to be working again.

I like to keep up to date but don't want to loose the use of the usb in my VM.

Anybody know if it works in v6.11.0

Please advise

Cheers

DGB

Is it a specific device you have issues with?

usb passthru works on 6.10.3 and 6.11 only device I know off with issues are conbeeII which need to be connected as serial devices

Hi Simon

Thanks for the reply

I have an ASRock - X370 Gaming K4 motherboard with some of the usb port passed through to a windows 10VM.

Normally I would have a usb keyboard + mouse and also a usb hub plugged in.

When i upgraded to 6.10.3 the usb ports are no longer passed through to the vm and the keyboard doesn't even light up.

Reverting back to 6.9.2 everything works again.

image.png.edf9390127d941be72b4b81a18ce9647.png

10 minutes ago, DGB said:

Hi Simon

Thanks for the reply

I have an ASRock - X370 Gaming K4 motherboard with some of the usb port passed through to a windows 10VM.

Normally I would have a usb keyboard + mouse and also a usb hub plugged in.

When i upgraded to 6.10.3 the usb ports are no longer passed through to the vm and the keyboard doesn't even light up.

Reverting back to 6.9.2 everything works again.

image.png.edf9390127d941be72b4b81a18ce9647.png

Thats is strange so you are passing the USB controller at a PCI level into the VM

Maybe the PCI/IOMMU groups changed on the upgrade, have you checked for any BIOS updates?

9 minutes ago, DGB said:

well i've updated the bios and now the VM cant boot and none of my 2 GFX cards are listed as options, just VNC  😕

Haven't tried updating unraid 

image.png.3749181e2050fa77f4a384bd0c9cdcbe.png

image.png

Did you check that the Virtualisation options are enabled after the bios update as likely to have revierted to default.

I think it is SVM for AMD?

and maybe this for IOMMU

Advanced --> AMD CBS --> NBIO --> there should be an Option for IOMMU.

Edited by SimonF
On 9/25/2022 at 6:31 PM, itimpi said:

Have you checked that any vfio bindings are still correct?    Either of the OS or the Bios upgrades could lead to them changing IDs

Hi thank you for your reply,

No i haven't checked that, after upgrading the BIOS and UNRAID to 6.11.0 i can now select individual USB devices to pass-through to the VM.

Problems are the VM is soooooooo slow now to boot and I used to able to hot swap usb devices without having to edit the VM.

I've reverted to using a laptop ATM and will look at fixing the problems when i can but due to other commitments I don't have much time just now.

I'll report back when I can and probably to ask more questions 😁

10 minutes ago, DGB said:

Hi thank you for your reply,

No i haven't checked that, after upgrading the BIOS and UNRAID to 6.11.0 i can now select individual USB devices to pass-through to the VM.

Problems are the VM is soooooooo slow now to boot and I used to able to hot swap usb devices without having to edit the VM.

I've reverted to using a laptop ATM and will look at fixing the problems when i can but due to other commitments I don't have much time just now.

I'll report back when I can and probably to ask more questions 😁

Tips and tweeks plugin my show if cpu is in performance mode. posts diags if you need more help.