Cache emulated

Froberg
Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

I tried a new config with m.2 drives a week or so ago, didn't end up liking it, so reverted back to my old motherboard and cache drives. 

Today I tried switching to a new platform again, only to discover that my CPU apparently wasn't much liked by the motherboard (assuming BIOS update required) so I had to revert yet again. 

Threw back my hardware and rebooted. 

Array didn't launch. 

Cache drives are showing up as emulated and missing, it's remembering the old m.2. drives that are no longer in use, for whatever reason.

Everything appears to be working just fine.. but obviously this worries me a bit. 

Any advice on what to do? Move to array and re-format the cache yet again? image.thumb.png.e09f238adceebf591693dc236c0266b6.png

2 hours ago, JorgeB said:

Stop array, unassign all cache devices, start array, stop array, re-assign all cache devices and start array, that should do it.

Mover is currently running.. stuck on migrating plex data I think.. it takes literal ages. 

Decided to play it safe and move data off the cache before trying anything else. 

Will let you know when that completes. Thanks Jorge. 

• Like 1