clicks and parity errors

I began a parity check yesterday and this morning the parity check has failed with 206 errors on Disk 6, plus I heard cyclical clicking.  On hard reboot (my only option) I find that Parity is missing; disk 6 is assigned, but has a red 'X' under the device column.  The status bar at bottom says the array is stopped with a stale configuration.  I can not start the array ("Too many wrong and/or missing disks").  Disk 6 passes the SMART short test and the Attributes table shows "Never" in the FAILED column on all items, yet on the Dashboard page the Array (stopped) table lists 'error' in the SMART column for Disk 6.  I hope this is simply a matter of replacing Disk 6, but I await approval.

version is 6.9.2.  Diagnostics attached.  Thank you.

tower-diagnostics-20220927-0852.zip

I did not, I'm afraid, perform diagnostics pre-reboot.  The syslog merely has the following line, repeated several times: 

6582 FastCGI sent in stderr: "Primary script unknown" while reading response header from upstream, client: 10.0.0.46, server: , request: "POST /plugins/unassigned.devices/UnassignedDevices.php HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/var/run/php5-fpm.sock:", host: "10.0.0.222", referrer: "http://10.0.0.222/Main"

By new configuration, you mean re-assigning the array disks to different drives?  

You might have skipped the first part of the suggestion.

5 hours ago, JorgeB said:

see if you can get parity to come back online, check/replace/swap cables

At least you didn't mention it and jumped straight to the second part

5 hours ago, JorgeB said:

or you can do a new config to re-enable disk6 and hope the disk is really OK

You can try to rebuild disk6 (to a spare would be better) if parity disk comes back