Trying to move appdata, domains, and system to a different share

Kuleinc
Go to solution Solved by Kuleinc,

ok, Now that I got my cache problems worked out and the array started, I've changed the shares related to VMs and Dockers. They are too big for my main cache. I've installed a 3TB disc for these shares. I've changed the shares to use it. I've tried running mover with the docker and VMs set to no and yes, and I can't get the mover to move the files from the full cache to the appdata_cache that should be there new home with the settings I've made... What am I doing wrong?

nas-diagnostics-20220927-1415.zip

2 minutes ago, Kuleinc said:

docker and VMs set to no and yes

'yes' is why I don't understand what you have in mind with that.

Nothing can move open files. You have to disable BOTH Docker and VM Manager in Settings.

Mover moves from the designated pool to the array for cache:yes shares, and moves from the array to the designated pool for cache:prefer shares. Mover ignores cache:no and cache:only shares, and won't move between pools or between array disks.

Would take several steps to get this done with mover.

Just use Dynamix File Manager

"Yes and no" Is in reference to the docker and VM services, at the top to turn them on and off, no is off, and yes is on. So whats the correct procedure here? Turn docker and VM services off and just copy the folder with dynamix? I don't want to mess this up, its a lot of data from my security cameras...

ok, so I ensured VM and docker were disabled and use the file manager to move the files to the new drive. I then started VM and docker services and got a server error popup, and when I check the shares they are now gone. help? Obviously I've done something wrong or missed an important step. Hopefully this can be fixed. Do I just need to recreate the shares?

Edited by Kuleinc

total 0
drwxrwxrwx  6 nobody users  68 Sep 27 16:11 ./
drwxr-xr-x 11 root   root  220 Sep 27 16:23 ../
drwxrwxrwx  7 nobody users 129 Sep 24 18:31 appdata/
drwxr-xr-x  2 root   root    6 Sep 27 16:11 domains/
drwxrwxrwx 10 nobody users 206 Dec 31  2021 system/
drwxrwxrwx  2 nobody users   6 Sep 25 08:48 zoneminder/

total 16K
drwxr-xr-x 11 root   root  220 Sep 27 18:58 ./
drwxr-xr-x 20 root   root  440 Sep 27 18:58 ../
drwxrwxrwx  1 nobody users   0 Sep 27 16:34 cache/
drwxrwxrwx  6 nobody users  68 Sep 27 16:34 cache_appdata/
drwxrwxrwx  7 nobody users  97 Sep 27 16:34 disk1/
drwxrwxrwx  5 nobody users  49 Sep 27 16:34 disk2/
drwxrwxrwt  2 nobody users  40 Sep 27 18:58 disks/
drwxrwxrwt  2 nobody users  40 Sep 27 18:58 remotes/
drwxrwxrwt  2 nobody users  40 Sep 27 18:58 rootshare/
drwxrwxrwx  1 nobody users  97 Sep 27 16:34 user/
drwxrwxrwx  1 nobody users  97 Sep 27 16:34 user0/

also to be clear I just rebooted the system and most of my dockers are working EXCEPT zoneminder which is for the security cameras, I checked the logs and it cant find the mysql database... The shares came back after a clean reboot, but zoneminder isnt working...

nas-diagnostics-20220927-1909.zip

Edited by Kuleinc

ok. Everything appears to be working EXCEPT the zoneminder docker container. I'm getting this error in the docker log:

Starting services...
 * Starting Apache httpd web server apache2
 * Stopping MariaDB database server mysqld
   ...done.
 * Starting MariaDB database server mysqld
   ...fail!
Sep 27 19:25:22 3df77ed6d4be zmupdate[30490]: ERR [Error reconnecting to db: errstr:Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2) error val:]
Sep 27 19:25:22 3df77ed6d4be zmupdate[30490]: ERR [Error reconnecting to db: errstr:Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2) error val:]
Sep 27 19:25:22 3df77ed6d4be zmupdate[30492]: ERR [Error reconnecting to db: errstr:Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2) error val:]
Sep 27 19:25:22 3df77ed6d4be zmupdate[30492]: ERR [Error reconnecting to db: errstr:Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2) error val:]
Starting ZoneMinder:
Sep 27 19:25:33 3df77ed6d4be zmpkg[30503]: ERR [Error reconnecting to db: errstr:Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2) error val:]
Sep 27 19:25:33 3df77ed6d4be zmpkg[30503]: ERR [Error reconnecting to db: errstr:Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2) error val:]
ZoneMinder failed to start

Sep 27 19:25:33 3df77ed6d4be syslog-ng[39]: syslog-ng shutting down; version='3.25.1'

** Press ANY KEY to close this window **

IT LOOKS LIKE IT CANT FIND THE DATABASE? I dont know how to find it for the container...

total 0
drwxrwxrwx 3 nobody users 32 Sep 24 18:31 ./
drwxrwxrwx 7 nobody users 97 Sep 27 19:09 ../
drwxr-xr-x 3 nobody users 26 Jun  3 17:04 Zoneminder/

AND:

total 0
drwxrwxrwx 4 nobody users 61 Sep 24 18:31 ./
drwxrwxrwx 5 nobody users 49 Sep 27 19:09 ../
drwxrwxrwx 3 nobody users 21 Dec 31  2021 Plex-Media-Server/
drwxr-xr-x 3 nobody users 26 Jun  3 17:04 Zoneminder/

I can’t find the files I need, theres no domains on disk 1 or disk 2, and the appdata folders are empty... as far as I can see...

I did see the libvert file in /home/user/system folder

I'm, not sure if I should move or where to move it to... the location column lists it as being on the "cach_appdata" folder which is where it should be???

The VM image is looking for it here: '/mnt/user/domains/Ubuntu Server for Kaspa Node/vdisk1.img'

and I found it here: /mnt/cache_appdata/system/Ubuntu Server for Kaspa Node

Im totally lost on my docker for zoneminder, as its a docker so I expect it to work like all the others and yet it doesnt and gives me an error about its database... I tried removing and reinstalling the docker, which usually helps, and it did not help this time...

Edited by Kuleinc