SOLVED: "This site can’t be reached".

Fishypops
Go to solution Solved by Fishypops,

My unraid server has been up and running for years and years.  Fantastic system.  I use it for hosting my Kodi media system.  From time to time, I have received the message ""Connection timed out" when I try to read a media directory, but with a bit of patience, it would finally connect.

Currently, this is a persisitent and unending state of affairs.  When I try to connect via the browser, I receive the message "This site can’t be reached".

I checked the cables and the switch.

I had recently switched ISP to Bell.  There may be some complications arising from resolving subnets / IP address ?

The UNRAID server has a fixed IP address in the range 192.168.86.XXX

The PC that I am using to psot this has a dynamic address, currently reading as 192.168.87.XXX

I thought to  change the IP address of the Unraid to 192.168.87.XXX, thinking that I could do this via the USB flash drive, but for the life of me, I can't remeber how to do this ?

What are my next steps in resolving this issue?

Thanks.

Edited by Fishypops
  • Fishypops changed the title to "This site can’t be reached".- how to solve this issue
  • Fishypops changed the title to SOLVED: "This site can’t be reached".