Unraid 6.11.0 synthetic_pathref: opening failed filling log for MAC TimeMachine

JamesHull

I have been experiencing the same issue. There's another thread here with some other users experiencing the same error, not necessarily caused by Time Machine:

I reset my smb extras configuration to default, and the errors went away, but now periodic Time Machine backups are not working (even created a brand new Time Machine share). For now I have had to turn off time machine until this is fixed

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

So after downgrading to 6.9.2 from 6.10.3 (Time Machine backups stopped working for me after upgrading to 6.10.3)  and having my Time Machine backups work again for a few months I decided to try 6.11.5, and once again the issues arise.  

I can connect to the share manually in my mac but the time machine cannot connect to disk when running.   This exact same behavior happened last time, and when I downgraded to 6.9.2 it started working without any issue again.  

I have created new users without any change, I have not created a new share as I have had this share for over a decade working just fine, and worked in 6.9.x, while downgrading is an option I do not want to lose on some of the features of unraid going forward, but my time machine backups are very important to me.