Restoring a drive after it has been "missing"

KompressR
Go to solution Solved by ChatNoir,

Hello friends, I have a question I haven't been able to word correctly enough in searches to find an existing result. Apologies if this has been answered before. I have moved my Unraid setup from an R510 to and R520 that I acquired, but unfortunately the backplane has a fault with the first drive bay. While I wait for a the replacement backplane to ship in, the system has been emulating the missing drive. When i install the new backplane, will I be able to simple put the drive back in the array? I'm sure some sort of rebuild will have to happen, but I'm not sure of the process, and I want to be sure it rebuilds the drive from the parity and not rewrite the parity from the contents of the drive. Am I simply better off performing a pre-clear on the drive and treating the situation as a drive failure?

(Also, for the record, I have tested the the drive in question on any other bay, and other drives in that bay. I have also tried different drive chassis. I can verify the drive intended for the faulty bay is functioning properly)

Thanks in advance for any help.