Connecting to wifi crashes macOS VM (Fenvi T919 - BCM94360CD)

Hi all,

I had some problem with my previous macOS VM, so I decided to start with a clean install, which work very well.

However, I run into problems when trying to connect to a Wi-Fi network:

I have a Fenvi T919 passed to the VM, it's immediately recognized and the BT works perfectly. However, when I enter the password of a Wi-Fi network and try to connect, macOS crash almost instantly and give me the mac equivalent of the BSOD (Don't know if it has a name) before restarting.

The card was working perfectly with my previous VM and I can still use all the Apple functionality (Handoff, Airdrop...), I just can't connect to a Wi-Fi network. (I'll admit that it's not a huge problem as I have the virtual Ethernet port anyway, but it's not very "clean").

I'll attach some logs, my config.plist and my xml.

Any ideas ?

Kernel-2022-10-02-141156.panic Kernel-2022-10-02-141408.panic Kernel-2022-10-02-081752.panic Kernel-2022-10-02-081959.panic Kernel-2022-10-02-083246.panic Kernel-2022-10-02-141545.panic Kernel-2022-10-02-140519.panic Kernel-2022-10-01-211001.panic Kernel-2022-10-01-211959.panic Kernel-2022-10-02-140659.panic Kernel-2022-10-01-213312.panic Kernel-2022-10-02-140847.panic wifi.log macos.xml

config.plist

Edited by BlackShift

I read that the fenvi t919, or better the BCM94360CD chipset, can be problematic in some smbios, like the mac pro 7,1, which you are using or the imac pro 1,1, or anything newer than the imac 15,1.

The ideal smbios for this chipset should be that of the imac 15,1 (monterey not offically supported for this model).

Someone reported that smbios of imac 17,1, officially supported by monterey is still working with that chipset.

Edited by ghost82
  • 1 month later...

+1 to this issue with Fenvi and Unraid 6.11.0(6.11.1). If I keep the Wifi off, the VM boots.

Absolutely no issues with 6.10.3. I am on 1,1 - doesn't look to be a smbios issue but rather a passthrough issue.

The moment it connects to the Wifi, the VM freezes.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
5 hours ago, sieskei said:

Hello, I'm sorry for bringing up an old topic, but I have the same problem.
Whenever I connect to a network, it immediately freezes.
Any solution?
Thank you in advance!

Hi, no solution to this point. I don't use that VM anymore, so I just forgot about it.

If anyone found a solution, let us know !

Hi, I have the same issue now. 

i am using a native apple card which model is 94360cs, the OS version is 13.3.1,

CPU usage immediately up to 100% after connected to any wifi network, no matter 2.4G or 5G. two or three seconds later the machine crash down and reboot by itself.

and yes, strangely it works when connected to an unencrypted wifi network.

This card passthrough to a windows11 works fine.

if anyone found a solution, please let us know.

oh, after reboot, the report is "Nested panic detected".

• 5 months later...

I've got the same issue.   No porblem up to unraid 6.10.3. I upgrated to 6.12.4 now. The problem still exits. I've seen a post that describing the issue before. The author is using proxmox. He downgraded the pve kernel  to 5.15 and the problem is gone. It is definitely a kernel issue. I am wondering if unraid crew can fix this problem for. Macos vm on unraid is a big plus to unraid users. By the way, has anyone tested  passing throught other macos compatible wifi card? If some did it, please share with us. Or If anyone has a solution for this issue, please let us know.  I hope unriad crew can kick in save us. 😃 Oh god I lovd  unraid.

Edited by Bradley_ryuu
forget to add sth
  • 1 month later...