Docker Network Routing with "Docker Network Connect..."

sundown

I have been through the FAQs and done my fair share of searching, but I'm finding it difficult to accurately answer my question without experimenting to the point of putting my configs at risk - so I'd like to ask here:

I have an OpenVPN docker which is used to route other docker's network traffic through.  I have a qbittorrent docker that has a VPN option built-in, and it uses a different VPN provider.  Obviously, my issue is having dockers connect from their "none" network across to the qbittorrent's network (currently bridge).

I've attempted to "docker network connect" these into a third network (docker-bridge), but obviously this isn't possible with the dockers on "none" as I receive a "container sharing network namespace with another container or host cannot be connected to any other network".  When attempting to connect the OpenVPN docker (running on a "dockernet" network) to the "docker-bridge" network, I receive a "Failed to add interface veth05c1386 to sandbox: error setting interface "veth05c1386" IP to 172.20.0.5/16: cannot program address 172.20.0.5/16 in sandbox interface because it conflicts with existing route".  I've tried creating variations of "docker-bridge" with different 172.x.0.0 spaces (docker network create as well as via the interface in settings), but clearly I'm barking up the wrong tree with that approach.

So my question is - how do I get two different dockers on two different docker networks to recognize/communicate with one another?  I'm not hung up on DNS, but by IP address or some other mechanic for communication.

Thanks for any help.