Email based user cannot access shares after upgrade to 6.11

Hoping I missed something simple.  I have multiple machines running Win10 and Win11 that all log into the same Microsoft account.  This was working in 6.10.x, but not after upgrading to 6.11.  I can connect fine when prompted for user/pass, I type in a none email based user/pass combo.  I would rather not have to save credentials and the core credentials from the machine should be sufficient.

Looking at other threads, this isn't related to browsing to the server.  I can see it fine in list of devices under network, I can use UNC path \\servername as well as \\servername.local to get a list of shares, and same goes for \\IP.  When I click any share, I get prompted for user/pass now though, and it fails with my email based user, which matches my microsoft account email address.  I also tried resetting the password under users in unraid, nothing.  I tried editing user permissions to one share to see if that would help, nothing.  I reviewed other threads, and all the settings I could find for SMB and nothing.

On 10/3/2022 at 4:17 PM, trurl said:

Like mentioned in my first posts, I have users created.  I can even connect as long as I use the one that isn't an email address.  I had to add the email address user following the steps in the post I linked, where you add a user, and rename it manually, due to the @ sign.

3 minutes ago, onyxdrew said:

Like mentioned in my first posts, I have users created.  I can even connect as long as I use the one that isn't an email address.  I had to add the email address user following the steps in the post I linked, where you add a user, and rename it manually, due to the @ sign.

You quoted my post but your reply seems more like a reply to the post by Frank1940. Do you understand the post I linked?

5 minutes ago, trurl said:

You quoted my post but your reply seems more like a reply to the post by Frank1940. Do you understand the post I linked?

Ah yes..  I have tried clearing the credentials in windows as well.  That did not impact my access.  My case is also different in that my users all work, except the one with an @ in the username (email address, aka microsoft account).  I cannot even type that @ sign user into windows and have it work, but all my users that don't have an @ sign do work.  I also have multiple desktops/laptops with Win10/11 and none of the ones logged into microsoft account work.  The ones logged in locally do.  Very odd.

I tried the NTLM and SMB version tags in this thread as well, also don't seem to work:

3 minutes ago, trurl said:

Why do you need the microsoft email account to work? Just create a user on Unraid, give that user the access you need, clear credentials and use that account. Then Windows will have those credentials and use them to connect to Unraid.

I don't "need" it to work.  I just don't want to have to mess with having a different credential.  Up until version 6.11 I could just log into any of my many pc's and access shares without having to worry about user/passwords.  It would just pass it along and everything works.

29 minutes ago, Frank1940 said:

image.thumb.png.cf1fe61742dc295b73159a7d29522dfb.png

This is actually typical of the restrictions on all user names in any variety of Linux. 

not arguing that, but it literally worked on every version of unraid til 6.11, and works well on my other network appliances which are also based on linux (QNAP/Synology).